Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celek to retire as an Eagle

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelph...res-121210794/

Brent Celek will play his entire career in a Philadelphia Eagles uniform, deciding to call it a career after 11 NFL seasons (per Mike Silver of NFL Network). Celek had offers from other teams, but declined them for the right fit.

"In the end, I just couldn't fathom putting on another uniform," Celek said to NFL.com. "I had a perfect ending, and it was time."

Turned out Celek's "right fit" was Philadelphia all along.

"One day I'll be back with the Eagles in some capacity," Celek said to TMZ Sports in March. "When, who knows? But, I love that organization. I owe it to 'em."

"I love you. I don't think there's anything else to say. What they showed me and hat they loved with their athletes is what I put on the field. I think they appreciate that and I think they showed that. This city really means everything to me. I love this town. It's my home now."
    Thanks to him for all the great years!
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Celek earlier said that if he couldn't play for the Eagles this year that he wouldn't play for anybody else. There still is a small chance that he might get a call at some point this season. That being said thanks for all the great times Brent!
    Last edited by Eagle60; 08-31-2018, 11:28 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

It's almost like having Brent Celek on the PS.

Comment

A great Eagle that went out on top. Thanks for everything Brent!
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

My kind of guy--you love your team and your city. F everyone else. Thanks for eleven years
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

What's not to like about Brent Celek... the prototypical Philly lunch pail ball player. Always showed up for work and never showed his ass. Philly loved him and he returned the affection. I've always thought he and Chase Utley were cut from the same bolt of cloth.

Thanks for the memories big guy!

Comment

His letter to the fans is gold. What a classy individual.

Comment

Working...
              X