Jalen Ramsey to the Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Ramsey to the Rams

Per ESPN After trading cornerback Marcus Peters to the Baltimore Ravens, the Los Angeles Rams made another blockbuster move Tuesday, trading for embattled Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

According to Schefter, the Rams are sending two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021. Ramsey, the fifth overall pick in 2016, requested a trade in mid-September because of growing frustrations with the organization.

Rams deal CB Peters to Ravens
    Date: Oct. 15

The Los Angeles Rams have traded cornerback Marcus Peters to the Baltimore Ravens for linebacker Kenny Young and a 2020 fifth-round draft pick. Peters is in the fifth and final season of his rookie contract. The Rams acquired the former first-rounder from the Kansas City Chiefs before the 2018 season. In 22 regular-season games in L.A., Peters has intercepted five passes, returning two for touchdowns. He made the Pro Bowl in 2015 and '16 with the Chiefs.

The Ravens needed to address a secondary hit with injuries. Cornerback Jimmy Smith (knee) has missed the past five games, and nickelback Tavon Young (neck) is out for the season. Marcus Canady and Anthony Averett have struggled as starting cornerbacks. Quarterbacks have targeted them because they're throwing away from Marlon Humphrey, who has been playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Rams land Corbett to help offensive line
    Date: Oct. 15

The Rams sent a 2021 draft pick to Cleveland in exchange for Austin Corbett, who was selected in the second round of the 2018 draft from Nevada. Corbett has appeared in 14 games for the Browns, and provides depth to the O-line after Joseph Noteboom suffered a torn MCL/ACL in Week 6.
    Last edited by beagle; 10-16-2019, 02:15 PM. Reason: too much other info made the post too long
    Fly EaglesFly!

2 #1's and #4 for is just way to expensive.

Comment

Yep, for an aging roster giving up two #1s plus something else was something the Birds just couldn't do. I don't fault them for not making this deal. I may fault them for just waiting for the secondary to get healthier instead of making a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        2 #1's and #4 for is just way to expensive.
        I agree plus the contract he is going to get (and have all the leverage on) is going to also hurt roster construction.

The other thing is I am not so sure if the Eagles would have matched this they still would have got him. Of the 4 teams the Rams may have the hardest path to the playoffs at this point which would make their 1st round pick higher. Have to look at everything here
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

There's no way I would give up 2 ones and a 4 for Ramsey. Yes, the guy is an elite CB, but jeeze that's crazy. And, I honestly don't think he's going to solve the Rams' problems.

Comment

Their O line is ancient. They need help there a lot more than ion the secondary. They now will not pick in the 1st round for 5 straight years.

Comment

I’m good with not getting him too.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                Yep, for an aging roster giving up two #1s plus something else was something the Birds just couldn't do. I don't fault them for not making this deal. I may fault them for just waiting for the secondary to get healthier instead of making a deal.
                Great point! Not sure the people they are waiting for to get healthy..... are worth waiting for.(db’s).

Comment

I wonder if California's 13.3% income tax rate will have an effect on their ability to sign him long term.

Comment

you'd have to think they have an agreement in principle here with the guy or you wouldn't give the 2 first rounders.

Patrick Peterson is signed through the end of next year as well BUT would be a UFA in 2021 and a 31 year old UFA.

I'd be OK with dealing our third rounder and maybe throwing in Vitai or Nelson Agholor for Peterson and then when he gets here ripping up his deal and signing him to a 4 year deal which would keep him here through 2022. He'd be 32 then and at his size if you had to you could move him to free safety or the Malcolm Jenkins position for a few years.

he seems like a good guy off the field.

I would NOT offer more than that though. We have ammo heading into next year's draft and there are some elite corners and safeties in this draft and if we are indeed going to miss the playoffs as it appears we might we should just stomach a tough season, get rid of some aging veterans and retool.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      Their O line is ancient. They need help there a lot more than ion the secondary. They now will not pick in the 1st round for 5 straight years.
                      Are they really ancient? Dillard will replace Peters, Seumolo is still on his rookie contract. Johnson is 29 and in his prime should be effective for another 4-5 years as tackles play well into their 30's. Brooks is 30 and probably is good for another 3 years. Kelce is 31 going on 32, he is probably the biggest concern on the line but they can get another 2-3 years out of him if he wants to play.

They should draft a center next year but they don't have to use a 1st round pick on one.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                        Are they really ancient? Dillard will replace Peters, Seumolo is still on his rookie contract. Johnson is 29 and in his prime should be effective for another 4-5 years as tackles play well into their 30's. Brooks is 30 and probably is good for another 3 years. Kelce is 31 going on 32, he is probably the biggest concern on the line but they can get another 2-3 years out of him if he wants to play.

They should draft a center next year but they don't have to use a 1st round pick on one.

I think he meant the rams O-line.

Comment

Taz
                          I agree about the whole being old claim. Yes they have some older players but they are also young in a lot of key spots too especially QB, LT, and WR/TE.

And they have draft picks next year plus they have some salaries coming off the cap namely JP and Nelly won’t be resigned. That’s $25 million right there.

They definitely need a backup center, safety help, corner, and edge rusher but this roster is still built pretty well. The Malik Jackson, DeSean and Jernigan injuries have really led to a lot of the issues this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
                            I think he meant the rams O-line.
                            Yes I meant the Rams O line

Comment

Working...
                            X