No announcement yet.

3rd and goal from the 1/2 yard line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd and goal from the 1/2 yard line...

...and WHAT does Andy do?

I can't believe how this season has gone. I have serious questions about the sidelines AND the personnel.

Saving grace, the NFC pretty much cooperated. While not dead, the Birds fate lies in the hands on Jeff Garcia...

Sitting in the stands we were talking while they were reviewing the play that if it gets overturned, no big deal. From the half yard line, you have two downs to get 18 stinkin inches by pounding it in there....but why was I not surprised to see us throw.

Obviously it was a poor throw by Donovan. A good throw and it's a TD....I am just sick of watching this team get down on the goal line and fail to get in with their running game.

As for the rest of the NFC...yeah, it's hard to believe we are still right in the mix. And as much as I want to see AJ in there over Garcia, with this defense.....well, let me rephrase that....with this front 7 we have (the secondary is fine) I'm not feeling good about our chances.
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

I knew they were going to throw the ball. You have two plays to grind out the yardage, at worst Tenn is backed up in their own end zone.

That kinda play typifies Andy Reid as an OC. So it's an indictment on Reid or the OL. If Reid doesn't think his OL can push 18 inches on two tries he needs a new OL. If they can Reid never needs to call another play in his life. IMO Reid is play calling is horrendous, and a guy wearing #5 kinda over rode Reid's so apparent weaknesses. Not so now. And now they need a running game and don't really have one. This is why you need to emphasise a balanced attack.

And get used to the little half boot 6 yard passes, I don't think Garcia can throw it 30 yards down field.
      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

this was the point in the "short yardage" thread I sent in last week. Without a crasher, the Birds were forced to try to be creative on plays that are as automatic as extra points for some teams. Even though Westbrook didn't get in according to the tv cameras ( he was actually a little closer than the ref's spot) they could have tried two straight sneaks. The play Reid called works better on first or second down.

Or...if you're gonna roll out, don't call a play that takes so damn long to develop (a flaw in Reid's scheme on short yardage stuff). Bing bang boom. Maybe that's McNabb's mind game. Takes too long to decide things. On options he's got to run like he means it...that's the only way the lb will come towards him. but the salient point here is that the lack of a slasher puts Reid and McNabb in this high risk pickle

The failure to think run first also got him on IR. Second time in his career he's gotten a leg injury on a long developing roll out pass. (See the replays of that Cardinal game in 2003) Ironically he'd be better off running in that situation. Just as he'd be better off if Reid called more sneaks and QB keepers near the goal line. He's more vulnerable trying to pass. He's never been injured running the football.
        Sonny J

Comment

Well, I'd sy that injury yesterday was just a freak thing. I woouldn't be trying to point the blame toward ayone for that. McNabb was stinking up the joint and he was pressing, trying to make something happen. It was just a fluke.

As for the QB sneaks, we DID try one...once Garcia got in the game. LOL!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            Well, I'd sy that injury yesterday was just a freak thing. I woouldn't be trying to point the blame toward ayone for that. McNabb was stinking up the joint and he was pressing, trying to make something happen. It was just a fluke.

And what happened when Garcia did it???!!! FIRST DOWN!

Comment

Don't remind me.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Did anyone watch Denver and San Diego last night? There are two teams that can run the football. And they looked freaking great, too.
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                  Did anyone watch Denver and San Diego last night? There are two teams that can run the football. And they looked freaking great, too.
                  There is no reason our line can't do the same. We have the biggest line in the NFL. Runyan and Andrews can run block for crying out loud. Time to get back to the 3 headed monster and let Moats get some freakin carries. You have to find out about Moats anyway. Bucky is fine but he'll always be a #2 RB. I'd rather be in a situation where you don't know who will get the bulk of the carries each week with Moats and Westbrook at the options.

Comment

wasn't really blaming...just making an ironic observation about qb's not running for fear of injury and more times than not they are injured trying to throw the ball
                    Sonny J

Comment

I'm going to become a CHargers fan for the remainder of the season. (Yes, of course I will root for the Eagles every week). But I like Marty and his group, and I have to pull for SOMEBODY to give me some interest in the rest of this season. I'll pull for the Seahawks in the NFC. Couldn't bear to see the Cowpies go to the Superbowl this season, that might just kill me. Although I'm sure TO would have a grand old time. I'd be OK if the Bears went, too.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyj

wasn't really blaming...just making an ironic observation about qb's not running for fear of injury and more times than not they are injured trying to throw the ball
                        You mean like Randall??

Fucking Jets.....

Comment

Jeff Garcia 6'1 200lbs
                          Donovon McNabb 6'2 240lbs

Yep, makes perfect sense to sneak with Jeff and not Donovon. Perfect.

Comment

Working...
                          X