Bye Bye Bob.... Flyers trade Bobrovsky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Bob.... Flyers trade Bobrovsky

to Columbus for a 2nd rounder (45th overall) and two 4ths including one next year.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._Columbus.html
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    to Columbus for a 2nd rounder (45th overall) and two 4ths including one next year.
    Shit!

When I first read this thread title, my wishful thinking made me think they'd unloaded the worthless Bryzgalov. Watching him in the playoffs compared with the stellar play of most of the other playoff goalies was an embarrassment. Yes, the team is loaded with youngsters who made lots of mistakes on defense and were stymied on offense by the Devils, but the simple truth is there is no chance any team wins the Cup with this mediocre head case in goal.

And this asshole has the balls to criticize Flyer fans. They've got to get rid of him somehow.

Comment

curious trades by the Flyers. I think they got taken in the JVR trade as well.

Comment

they threw all that money at Bryz and IMO had they given Bob the starts last year they might have seen better results for 1 tenth of the price.I haven't seen enough of Luke to say he's worth a starting caliber goalie or not. They've hit on some good young talent resently,I kinda wonder why they don't let the team grow together and sprinkle in the drafted talent as it progresses through the ranks ? The fan base can be rabid at times,but they are smart enough to understand if the organization would keep their 1st rounders and hit a homerun in the draft and not throw big money at guys who may or may not pan out in FA.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That's an excellent return for Bob. They drafted a huge goalie with the second-round pick.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
          X