He just can't help himself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He just can't help himself.

It wasn't a matter of if he would. It was a matter of when and how the 71 year old

man-child in the White house would attempt to make the Barr cluster

fuck "about him" and somehow turn it to his advantage.

His tweet to Iger of ABC:
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President DONALD J TRUMP to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?
    11:31 AM - May 30, 2018

How ironic. Poor Donald who, as an article of faith, NEVER apologizes for anything and who never,

ever makes insulting, bullying, dishonest, degrading, racist comments about other

people...some of whom he knows and many that he's never met.

Who fired first, Valerie or Trump?

Jarrett addressed the situation during a pre-taped MSNBC town hall, which is set to air Tuesday evening.
    "The tone does start up at the top, and we like to look up to our President and feel as though he reflects the values of our country," Jarrett says in a clip released by MSNBC, without referring to Barr by name. "I also think every individual citizen has a responsibility, too."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      Who fired first, Valerie or Trump?

Jarrett addressed the situation during a pre-taped MSNBC town hall, which is set to air Tuesday evening.
      "The tone does start up at the top, and we like to look up to our President and feel as though he reflects the values of our country," Jarrett says in a clip released by MSNBC, without referring to Barr by name. "I also think every individual citizen has a responsibility, too."

Popper,

With respect to my point, that 'Trump makes everything about himself', this foggy old man is missing the pertinence of your response.

It seems to me that, as President of all the people, Trump had two reasonable alternatives. He could have simply said nothing about the Barr cluster fuck. Or, he could have shocked us all and for the first time in his administration openly sided with a living person of color and called a vulgar, racist remark out for what it is. But that wouldn't play well with his base...and that's what guides most of his behavior. (The President of all the people)

He opted for a 3rd alternative...to play the victim card. But I suppose he deserves some credit for not taking the 4th alternative, which would have really appealed to a portion of his base, and retweeted Barr's original tweet and adding something like "LMAO!".
      Last edited by tinopuno; 05-30-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I chuckled when you wrote "shocked us all". Option 4 LMAO was pretty good too!

Comment

Off of your topic but the fact that TBS hasn't cancelled this Samantha Bee show is beyond comprehension. I've never seen the show but from the commercials I have seen she seems a mean and vile person. This comment is certainly in line with her nightly or weekly commentary (not sure how often she is on).
          I'd also add that the fact that this language is acceptable on TV is a reflection of how far we are falling.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            Off of your topic but the fact that TBS hasn't cancelled this Samantha Bee show is beyond comprehension. I've never seen the show but from the commercials I have seen she seems a mean and vile person. This comment is certainly in line with her nightly or weekly commentary (not sure how often she is on).
            I'd also add that the fact that this language is acceptable on TV is a reflection of how far we are falling.
            Never heard of her. Where did you see the commercial?

Comment

I see what you mean. I have a pretty foul mouth at times too but never use that word.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9DF5&FORM=VIRE

Comment

Never heard of her. Where did you see the commercial?

I've seen her "stuff" a few times. She can be pretty funny but, IMO, is at times unnecessarily vulgar. This can be said of many in the world of comedy today. I've always leaned toward having a 'potty mouth' in private but NOT in public. (Ate a ton of soap as a kid without much effect.) A bit of a hypocrite I suppose given my mouth in private, I usually find public vulgarity offensive and suggestive of lax upbringing.

I have no problem with the judicious use of vulgarity in comedy IF it contributes to the humor. When it's excessive or thrown in simply for shock value I tend to write the "comedian" off.

Aspects of our culture have sadly grown increasingly rude, vulgar and uncivil in the past 10 or 15 years. I wonder if this equally true of the cultures of other "First World Countries". I suspect it is.

Comment

That word trumps F Bombs by a mile tino. Then again "bloody" is probably the most vulgar word going but most people don't get to riled up about it so who knows these days?

Comment

That word trumps F Bombs by a mile tino.

I don't think I suggested otherwise? "Cunt, cocksucker, and motherfucker" used to be, and I think still are, generally considered to function at a much more offensive level than plain old "fuck", with 'cunt' being the most offensive.

In fact there was a pretty good joke that plays off the discrepancy in relative offensive impact between 'fuck' and the more offensive 'big three'.

Comment

I'm as vulgar as can be on the golf course, fishing, hunting etc with friends. I've called my best friends everything, every single thing, you can think of. To me the vulgarity isn't the issue. The issue to me is how mean this women seems and that it is acceptable to do this on TV. Politics aside.
                      I see Elizabeth Warren as a mean person, a person I wouldn't vote for in a million years. A person that I think is divisive and should not be in the congress of the US. However, I have not seen her or heard her like this women.
                      We have had late night comics for years, and comedians in general (see Don Rickles), who use comedy to beat people up. To me though that is in jest. You know they are saying something about your baldness, your intellect, your physique, etc. This wasn't comedy. This was commentary. There is a difference in my mind. This commentary was a vicious attack on Ivanka. Like her or not. Like him or not. This was beyond the lowest level of decency.
                      I stand by the comment that TBS not cancelling this show is beyond comprehension. I expect to see republicans replaying this sound bite for the next five months to show the disparity with Rosanne Barr. Rightfully so.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        I'm as vulgar as can be on the golf course, fishing, hunting etc with friends. I've called my best friends everything, every single thing, you can think of. To me the vulgarity isn't the issue. The issue to me is how mean this women seems and that it is acceptable to do this on TV. Politics aside.
                        I see Elizabeth Warren as a mean person, a person I wouldn't vote for in a million years. A person that I think is divisive and should not be in the congress of the US. However, I have not seen her or heard her like this women.
                        We have had late night comics for years, and comedians in general (see Don Rickles), who use comedy to beat people up. To me though that is in jest. You know they are saying something about your baldness, your intellect, your physique, etc. This wasn't comedy. This was commentary. There is a difference in my mind. This commentary was a vicious attack on Ivanka. Like her or not. Like him or not. This was beyond the lowest level of decency.
                        I stand by the comment that TBS not cancelling this show is beyond comprehension. I expect to see republicans replaying this sound bite for the next five months to show the disparity with Rosanne Barr. Rightfully so.
                        I'm guessing that TBS has become so irrelevant that they welcome the attention and that's why they're keeping her. I don't even know what channel it's on. It also seems that you can say anything that you want about Trump and his family without recourse. I imagine if she called Hillary the same thing she'd be fired but of course I'm speculating. We really are in strange times.

Comment

Working...
                        X