X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me want to puke

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...iladelphia-nfl
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I can certainly understand why you feel that way.

For some reason though, I like his choice. It's wrong and he should be going in as a 49er IMO. But, he spent 3 years in Dallas (more than here) and still chose the Eagles over the Cowboys. To me, that is another victory over Dallas.

If TO went in as a Cowboy, we would be hearing "of course, why would he not choose America's team ?". He chose Philly over glamour. He chose blue collar (heartfelt) fans over white collar (fair weather) fans. And, of course, Philly even created the TO song...LOL.

TO is a self-absorbed ass. But, I enjoyed the time he was here, other than the drama.

Side note......one of my wife's best friends was a pretty good "friend" of TO's when he was playing here in Dallas. Her friend is married and living in Louisiana right now. So, I doubt she still stays in touch with TO

And......THE EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post

I can certainly understand why you feel that way.

For some reason though, I like his choice. It's wrong and he should be going in as a 49er IMO. But, he spent 3 years in Dallas (more than here) and still chose the Eagles over the Cowboys. To me, that is another victory over Dallas.

If TO went in as a Cowboy, we would be hearing "of course, why would he not choose America's team ?". He chose Philly over glamour. He chose blue collar (heartfelt) fans over white collar (fair weather) fans. And, of course, Philly even created the TO song...LOL.

TO is a self-absorbed ass. But, I enjoyed the time he was here, other than the drama.

Side note......one of my wife's best friends was a pretty good "friend" of TO's when he was playing here in Dallas. Her friend is married and living in Louisiana right now. So, I doubt she still stays in touch with TO

And......THE EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS !!!
      He played all of 1 season here and then blew the team up the next. Fuck him.

And it's so sweet not having to listen to him endlessly tell us how he won the first ever Super Bowl for Philly!!!

Comment

Weird. Owens says the team on the HoF merchandise wasn’t his decision, and they’d told him that they’d be using more than one of his teams

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...of-fame/458123
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I don’t believe a word that sorry excuse for a human being has to say.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Seriously. He’s still a batshit crazy asshat. Niners and Cowgirls fans are breathing a sigh of relief that he’s not going in representing them.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

The 5 minutes that they spent on him was 4 minutes more than he deserved. Then these guys slobbering over him afterwards wanted to make me puke. The only one of them with a brain (Terrell Davis) just sat there and said nothing. You could read his mind with his look though (the asshole can eat shit as far as I'm concerned) lol!
              Last edited by Eagle60; 08-05-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Like him or not, the fact is that the Eagles do not make it to the 2004 SB without him. They certanly are not a real threat to win it without him on the field vs. Brady at his peak. With him playing the Eagles gave the Pats all they could handle. And while I won’t forgive him for what he did the next year, I wouldn’t ever forget his 2003/4 performance that FINALLY got us past the NFC Championship hurdle that tripped us up every damned year! Yes, I know he didn't play in the playoffs that year, but he helped the team believe that they were unstoppable.

His performance during the season helped forge a belief on that team that allowed them to shake that monkey off their backs. We may not have won the SB with him, but 4 straight NFCC loses was creating a stigma that we couldn’t handle the pressure of a title. TO helped them beat that stigma and allowed the team and the rest of us to finally believe that they just might win the damned thing. He was an asshole the next year, but without his efforts in 2003 we probably fall into a hole that ends with the team floundering and fans and the FO losing faith in Reid. I really believe TO extended Andy’s tenure in Philly and was a major reason we made it to the SB at all.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

He also destroyed them the next year just like he did the 49er's. Fuck him. He deserves to be in some nuthouse for assholes only, not the HOF.

Comment

I love the 2004 season and he was a BIG part of the success. I absolutely hate him for what followed. It was like he help remove that Philly stigma and a few months later it was back to "what do you expect from Philly" . At this point I will acknowledge his talent, but I think I would punch him in his cocksucker if I ran into him.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I can’t deny the change of culture he and Kearse brought in 2004. Especially Owens, and I’ll give him that. It was as though the FO said yes, we’ve been listening, and this year WILL be different!

And yet........and yet.......well, reality check:
                      At one point, a fan screamed, "We love you!" Owens gestured to the admirer and said, "I love you back." Then, with perfect comic timing, he added, "But I love me more."
                      Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 08-05-2018, 05:13 PM.
                      — Michael Strahan

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                        I can’t deny the change of culture he and Kearse brought in 2004. Especially Owens, and I’ll give him that.

And yet........well, reality check:
                        Did you also catch his description of himself? It was a combination of Hercules, Superman and Jesus Christ. Just as humble as ever at his self promoted ceremony. What a complete asshole.

Comment

Maybe time has healed the wounds a bit for me but I don't feel one way or the other. I do have to admit that adding TO to an already good team, made that eagle team fun to watch and dangerous against any opponent. On the field he was an amazing talent and he does deserve the HoF in my eyes.

Off the field he appeared to act like a grade A asshat. I wonder if we'll ever get a candid viewpoint from Drew or TO about what happened year 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X