(OT) Two FSU players rob a teammate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Two FSU players rob a teammate

Talk about being a bad teammate. These two guys are idiots.

http://blog.sportscolumn.com/story/2006 ... 0013/3000/

Just plain stupid.

Hey SF, maybe you could change the topic to "steal from". The writer apparently doesn't know the difference between robbery and B & E
    Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
      Just plain stupid.

Hey SF, maybe you could change the topic to "steal from". The writer apparently doesn't know the difference between robbery and B & E
      Hmmm... I don't know the difference either Pedro... but I think I do now. Still, I'll use some writers license and say "rob" because it flows better.

Comment

Robbery is "theft from a person"

B&E is the "theft from a building".

Robbery is usually with a handgun. When you say rob, the immediate thought is they robbed him with a gun or knife.

It may flow, but it is 100% wrong.
        Pedro

Comment

I just checked Pedro and while you're right when it comes to police terms, the generic term rob can mean to steal goods from a place.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/rob

Comment

SInce it is a crime, it is only logical to use the criminal terminolgy.

I find it ignorant of a writer to describe the crime the perpetrator committed, but to use outdated laymen terms that TOTALLY portray the wrong crime. They "stole" their roomates's property, would have flowed and been accurate, but to "rob your teammate" is inferring they robbed HIM..........which is a person, not a place.

If you are going to write a story about sports, know your terms. If you are going to write about crime, know you terms. But, you know as well as me, he wrote it that way for the sensationalism. But, it is 100% wrong. They did not rob their teammate. They stole his property from his home.
            Pedro

Comment

And here I always though a B and E was a breaking and entering,, and that a theft actually didn't HAVE to happen. Wadda I know!

Comment

FWIW, even as someone without any legal or criminal justice background, the term "rob" suggests an action against a person that carries with it the threat of violence of some kind. If I'm not mistaken, "ROBBERY" calls for much stiffer criminal penalties than does B&E or burglary.

If my spotty memory serves, these two punks are not the first FSU stalwarts to be involved in crimes against current or former teammmates. Maybe this tells us how much weight Bobbie Bowden places on character vs athletic ability. Or maybe it doesn't tell us anything more than that there can be low lifes on just about any team...except, of course, the University of Miami.

Comment

I hope this idiot goes to jail and his cellmate has that picture of him with the clown sweater. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh while his new bitch gets the shaft - so to speak! People this evil and stupid deserve to spend a bit of time as someone prison whore.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                    I hope this idiot goes to jail and his cellmate has that picture of him with the clown sweater. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh while his new bitch gets the shaft - so to speak! People this evil and stupid deserve to spend a bit of time as someone prison whore.
                    Jukin,

Speaking of "bitches getting the shaft...so to speak", the house next door is for sale. Would you be kind enough to speak to Ms Smith (avatar) and persude her to move in. You could tell her I'll pay the mortgage, cut the lawn for free and even haul her ashes...so to speak!

Comment

tino I'm shocked at you for proposing such debauchery of Ms. Smith! Please wipe down your monitor after you finish ogling her.

Thank you.
                      -Management.

BTW, I'd appologize for the scale of these, but there's nothing I can do about it and frankly she looks too good to mess with them! So grab your bib because here's a few more to slober over.....

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                      X