Does this team need a Roster Refresh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Whoa sounds like we need more explosives Kimosabee.
    TEs/RBs (no Sproles)/QB are fine. Pete needs to go so you need to draft an OLinemen, but the reality is you should be trying to draft an OL every year. Problem is at WR where you need at least two. IMM the only WR I would bring back at JJAW and maybe Desean.
    So when you say RB will be fine. You do know that Howard is a FA. I don't think they are going to resign him because of the money it will take. Sanders will be the primary next year but who is the secondary? Clement? He can't stay healthy. Boston Scott maybe? They will need to add a RB

QB is not fine. You only have Carson under contract for next year. They need to add at least 2 QB's. Now they could bring back Lauletta who is on the PS but I doubt they bring back Sudfeld as he most likely will get paid more elsewhere. McCown is an FA and 40

WR - Jeffrey & DeSean will be here next year for cap reasons. The hit to deal or release either one is significant. JJaw is a bust. They drafted him to to replace Jeffrey next year. What they saw in pre season workouts etc was he is a bust, thus they redid Jeffrey's contract. They could have let Jeffrey go at the end of this year with a lower cap hit. Agholor and Hollins are gone. Need at least 2 recievers

TE - They need a 3rd receiver and honestly I would shop Ertz. Geodert can be an excellent number 1 not only can he catch he can block. They need at least 1 TE

OL - Dillard, Seumolo, Kelce (if he doesn't retire), Brooks and Lane will be the starters next year. Big V is a FA, Peters will most likely retire but certainly won't be back. Pryor meh, Malaita can't stay healthy. Herbig I like could keep him. Need at least 2 maybe 3 offensive lineman

That is just the offense. 2 QB's, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Olineman.

CB - Darby is a FA, Jones can't play. Mills is a league average CB. Douglas doesn't have the speed to play on the outside. Maddox in the slot is fine. They need 2 corners at least 1 starter but honestly they need 2

LB - Bradham is the only real starting quality linebacker at this point. I really like Edwards, I like Gerry to. I like Kamu but none of them are the playmaking linebacker we need. I think Edwards, Gerry and Kamu make up 3rd linebacker and backups. They need a stud starting linebacker next to Bradham.

S - Jenkins will be gone, he isn't happy about his contract, his play has significantly dropped off. He will be 33. McCloud is a free agent but I think they will bring him back. Sendjo may not make it to week 10 since they can recoup another comp pick (most likely a 5th) for him. I think they need at least 3 here possibly four depending MCloud and two starters.

DT - We have Cox and Jackson, with Jackson coming off a major injury. We need at least 2 DT's possibly 3. Could we bring back Ridgeway maybe, Jernigan maybe. But it may be time to move away from guys like Jernigan since he can't stay healthy. Even on cheap contracts. 2 DT's

DE - Graham is cooked, but you can't let him go. He should be more of the Chris Long rotational more going forward. I think Barnett is really starting to come into his own. The stat's don't tell the whole story. Sweat is Meh, Miller hasn't got on the field yet (which isn't a surprise he has to get stronger) Curry and Hall are FA. Need at least 2 DE with one being a starter.

3/4 S, 2 DE, 2 DT, 1 LB, 2 CB. The real issue on defense is most of these are starters, Safety, Corner, Linebacker DE.

Overall this team has a ton of work to do in the offseason. I am not giving up on this season but when you look at the way I just did, why would you trade a 2nd round pick for Robby Anderson who is going to be an FA or a 4th rounder for Leonard Williams who is going to be an FA. If you think you can resign them (and you won't know that when you trade for them) then that is fine. But if not why not wait till they are FA?
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I typed out a detailed position by position reply last night and it went into cyberspace and I am not going to take that time again so we will just disagree. I will say though that I expect Howard back and I expect Jeffrey gone. If Jeffrey and Wentz are at odds the cap hit doesn't matter.
      Here is some advice to Jeff & Co..... anyone who is not 100% behind Wentz has to go or Wentz has to go. My guess is Wentz stays
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        I typed out a detailed position by position reply last night and it went into cyberspace and I am not going to take that time again so we will just disagree. I will say though that I expect Howard back and I expect Jeffrey gone. If Jeffrey and Wentz are at odds the cap hit doesn't matter.
        Here is some advice to Jeff & Co..... anyone who is not 100% behind Wentz has to go or Wentz has to go. My guess is Wentz stays
        Two things ND:

1-ALWAYS copy your posts and replies so you can paste them if they get lost like they often do on this place. (It just happened to me answering your post lol!!) Good thing that I copied it!

2-I don't think it fits Jeffrey's personality to talk behind somebody's back, especially to a reporter or overheard in the locker room after a loss right after the game when everyone's frustrated. It certainly was not some one on one interview. That piece sounded like it was made up anyway or somehow pieced after she overheard something. No wonder players don't want to talk these scumbags.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X