Who is trade bait for the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is trade bait for the draft?

I'm thinking Aggie. He might be the only guy that we have that would give us anything. I know that everybody is thinking DB but we all thought that last year too and we ended up pulling about 5 guys off of the street to play. Didn't' we go through at least a dozen last year?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Jalen Mills (Health pending), Agholor, Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas, Corey Clement (health pending0 & Big V. None of them fetch more than a 3rd day pick or maybe a trade up scenario.

I honestly think Howie is more apt to trade a player for player type deal.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I'mmmmmmm just spongy on a trade. For some reason I don't see it. As taz said there are health issues with most--including Sydney Jones, who has yet to prove himself, and as he said they won't garner much except as a throw in.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

One scenario might be to trade Aggie and draft a speedster like Hollywood Brown. I think that it's pretty clear that he's only here for a year so they may have just gave him the $9million to trade him. Luri already said that they are keeping Wentz forever so they might be able to clear some more cap room by doing that although Howie did say that he's wants to draft an impact player. Aggie could be part of a moveup deal. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          One scenario might be to trade Aggie and draft a speedster like Hollywood Brown. I think that it's pretty clear that he's only here for a year so they may have just gave him the $9million to trade him. Luri already said that they are keeping Wentz forever so they might be able to clear some more cap room by doing that although Howie did say that he's wants to draft an impact player. Aggie could be part of a moveup deal. Just a thought.
          You love you some Hollywood Brown. I think he one of the best receivers in this draft.

Another receiver I am really high on is Riley Ridley. He should be there in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            You love you some Hollywood Brown. I think he one of the best receivers in this draft.

Another receiver I am really high on is Riley Ridley. He should be there in round 2.
            I'm sure he named himself. Real diva potential here.

Comment

I'm thinking Aggie. He might be the only guy that we have that would give us anything. I know that everybody is thinking DB but we all thought that last year too and we ended up pulling about 5 guys off of the street to play. Didn't' we go through at least a dozen last year?
              I'm beginning to think the same thing, re: Agholor. I just can't see where they'd move him to (Jax? ) or what they'd get for him. Aggy for a CB perhaps?

Also there seems to be a pre-draft trend/smokescreen regarding WRs, specifically guys that are suited for slot.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...son-agholor-wr

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                I'm beginning to think the same thing, re: Agholor. I just can't see where they'd move him to (Jax? ) or what they'd get for him. Aggy for a CB perhaps?

Also there seems to be a pre-draft trend/smokescreen regarding WRs, specifically guys that are suited for slot.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...son-agholor-wr
                Tuff to tell about that Hurd kid in a conference where the football teams outscore most basketball teams. Everybody on offense looks good.

Comment

Tuff to tell about that Hurd kid in a conference where the football teams outscore most basketball teams. Everybody on offense looks good.
                  I really like Hurd as an option. I could see him possibly being our 2nd pick in the 2nd round. But, I hope he falls a bit more than that.

I have seen him play a few times. He is a gamer and he could possibly save a RB spot (dual player) because the guy was a 5* RB coming out of HS. Word is he has an incredible work ethic also.

My only fear is that I don't want another Riley Cooper. But, this guy has a lot more tools than Coop.

Anyway, I am sure Howie knows a lot more about this kid than I do.

Comment

I think if Agholor was going to get traded it would have happen by now.

Comment

You're most likely right because I don't remember much trading of players on draft day. In fact, player for player trades are pretty much obsolete these days mostly due to contracts. However, if the Birds do decide to draft a wr I wouldn't rule out a trade coming later on. The fact that the Eagles don't have any bonus money tied up with him thus no cap hit makes that more feasible. If they trade him they clear $18million for next season with the carryover.

Comment

Working...
                      X