The punt: classic Eagles fan paradox, classic ref hosejob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The punt: classic Eagles fan paradox, classic ref hosejob

The decision to punt on that 4th and 15 is a classic example of a smarts vs. bravado decision with bad risks on both sides. It's also a classic divide for many phans who would have rather seen an "emotive" failed 4th down than the "cerebral" attmpt to play the odds of getting a punt and stopping the Saints on 3 downs. McAllister was coming up big all game, but just giving them 3 straight running plays for 12 yards on that ensuing series was ridiculous.

Even so, I would have been fine with the 4th and 15. What really burns my ass and will continue to do so for years will NOT be Reid's decision to punt, but the fact the refs claim they saw a false start but let the play happen AND it turned out to be a conversion. A false start is supposed to be a dead ball foul.

I could live with all the other ref decisions in the game, honestly. I can also live with Reid/MM's playcalling and coaching decisions for the offense. I can't live with the fact we totally converted a huge huge huge 4th and 10 long pass and the refs claim it was a dead play without blowing the whistle.

Did anyone else think that ref was just basking in the spotlight last night? I mean, you'd hear...
    "Offsides"...DRAMATIC PAUSE..."number whoever"...EVEN LONGER DRAMATIC PAUSE AND EVEN MORE OVER-THE-TOP ARM GESTURE"..."defense!"
    What the hell was THAT about?

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk
      Did anyone else think that ref was just basking in the spotlight last night? I mean, you'd hear...
      "Offsides"...DRAMATIC PAUSE..."number whoever"...EVEN LONGER DRAMATIC PAUSE AND EVEN MORE OVER-THE-TOP ARM GESTURE"..."defense!"
      What the hell was THAT about?
      he is always like that...he was the same way when we played the cowboys on christmas

Comment

I HATE that guy with a passion like you wouldn't believe.

That call was bullshit though.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

He even does it on false starts LOL! Oh, the drama in waiting to hear if it was the offense or defense...

Comment

Working...
          X