Howie already at it and makes trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie already at it and makes trade

The Philadelphia Eagles acquired defensive back Deiondre’ Hall from the Chicago Bears, according to a report from Brad Biggs of The Chicago Tribune. Howie Roseman confirmed the trade during his press conference on Saturday evening. It sounds like the compensation is a conditional draft pick.

It’s important to note that Hall is suspended for the first week of the 2018 NFL season so he will NOT count against the 53-man roster right now.

Hall, 24, measures in at 6-2, 206 pounds. The Bears originally selected him with a fourth-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. In three years with Chicago, Hall has appeared in 10 games. He’s recorded five tackles, three passes defensed, and one interception to this point in his NFL career.

This news doesn’t appear to bode well for Tre Sullivan, who is currently on the Eagles’ 53-man roster as the team’s fourth safety behind Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, and Corey Graham. I imagine Hall might replace Sullivan once his suspension is over on Friday, September 7.

Hall has a connection with Eagles vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas. Douglas was with Chicago when the Bears drafted him. Roseman noted as much.

Here’s a quick evaluation of Hall from the Bens of BGN.

my fair grady
    @TheBenNatan
    Feel like he's a safety candidate. Weird fit considering the DB depth seems pretty strong already.

Brad Biggs

@BradBiggs
    #Bears have agreed to trade DB Deiondre' Hall to #Eagles

6:32 PM - Sep 1, 2018
    See my fair grady's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Benjamin Solak
    @BenjaminSolak
    Joe Douglas guy. Size but talent is shaky.

Brad Biggs

@BradBiggs
    #Bears have agreed to trade DB Deiondre' Hall to #Eagles

6:32 PM - Sep 1, 2018 · Maryland, USA
    See Benjamin Solak's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Interesting spider graph:

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

Brandon Lee Gowton

@BrandonGowton
    Replying to @BrandonGowton
    Deiondre’ Hall’s top physical comparison is … former Eagles CB Daryl Worley.

6:51 PM - Sep 1, 2018
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Do the Eagles need 10 OL. 60-- you should give Mailata the nickname Zero for his chance to make the roster. And we should call Warmack Say what as in say what the hell is he still doing on the roster. I think the birds want to see how Peters is the first week or two before cutting down on linemen.
    Still think the birds are working the phones to make a trade once Carson is back.
    They also have an extra TE on Rogers is back.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Zero! Good one ND. I think that they are still hoping that they can trade Warmack. After all, who thought that Howie would bring in another db??? Does anybody really think that he's done tinkering? I can't see Warmack staying on the roster too long.

Comment

Good trade. A conditional 7th. See if he can play. If so maybe Darby does become expendable for a 3. Or maybe no one will pay that price.

Comment

And picks up DJ Alexander off waivers. But bad news for Joe Walker as he is the guy to go.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
            Good trade. A conditional 7th. See if he can play. If so maybe Darby does become expendable for a 3. Or maybe no one will pay that price.
            You're giving this Hall kid a lot of love Ross that I just don't see. Chicago threw him away. There's no way that I would give a guy like Darby away period. Maybe a 1 but that's it. Nobody would give that but I don't care. We've got 11 picks next year. We need talent which Darby has, not picks.

Comment

Hall is here to be a safety, I'm sure. Tre Sullivan may be the odd man out come Friday. They could move him to the practice squad maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                You're giving this Hall kid a lot of love Ross that I just don't see. Chicago threw him away. There's no way that I would give a guy like Darby away period. Maybe a 1 but that's it. Nobody would give that but I don't care. We've got 11 picks next year. We need talent which Darby has, not picks.
                I’m saying best case. I really doubt that happens. I like the trade because there is no risk to us. He doesn’t cut it we get our pick back. If he can play, then it’s good use of a 7th round pick. Darby, I doubt he’s back next year. Same can be said for a few others. If they like what they have, move him. As we saw last year, our FO does a pretty good job. I believe they missed on one pick in the last 2 years. They didn’t seem to miss on the additions. I know if some here were picking, we wouldn’t have the rugby player LOL

Comment

I’m saying best case. I really doubt that happens. I like the trade because there is no risk to us. He doesn’t cut it we get our pick back. If he can play, then it’s good use of a 7th round pick. Darby, I doubt he’s back next year. Same can be said for a few others. If they like what they have, move him. As we saw last year, our FO does a pretty good job. I believe they missed on one pick in the last 2 years. They didn’t seem to miss on the additions. I know if some here were picking, we wouldn’t have the rugby player LOL
                  You got me there LOL! But I wouldn't have drafted a friekin flea either. And another thing that I wouldn't do is trade away a potential pro bowl corner when I'm trying to win a SB!! If we start 2-6 then I'd consider it but only then.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    You got me there LOL! But I wouldn't have drafted a friekin flea either. And another thing that I wouldn't do is trade away a potential pro bowl corner when I'm trying to win a SB!! If we start 2-6 then I'd consider it but only then.
                    The rumblings have been they’d like to move Darby. It could just be sportswriter talk. Or maybe it’s real. If we get half way thru the season I doubt we get much for a pending FA. Unless the acquiring team makes a deal with him. Which I’m not even sure is allowed. I doubt seriously we will be 2-6.

Comment

The rumblings have been they’d like to move Darby. It could just be sportswriter talk. Or maybe it’s real. If we get half way thru the season I doubt we get much for a pending FA. Unless the acquiring team makes a deal with him. Which I’m not even sure is allowed. I doubt seriously we will be 2-6.
                      Who knows? Teams can fall apart quickly when things go wrong but I hope the hell not!! Sportswriters don't know anymore than you or I do Ross. One says something so they all echo the same shit. I know it's all opinion but what team trying to win a SB would trade away their best db unless he was a total asshole? As I said earlier we have 10 or 11 picks next year so why do we have to move a great player like Darby to get another pick? I just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

I agree with keeping Darby and giving yourself the best chance to win. And if Darby leaves after the season in FA, we may help the compensatory pick situation for the following year.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Working...
                        X