Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuts

first cut is Stephen Robert, UDFA safety
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Who?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      Who?
      Yep
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Oh.... THAT Stephen Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Oh.... THAT Stephen Robert.
          I thought that he was Robert Stephen?
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

See that is an easy mistake--- I even got fooled --- his name is really Stephen RobertS...... I got him confused with the other one. Now that i know it is Stephen RobertS, I'm sure will be lucky to win 4 games this year.

Comment

I like this quote

"You guys keep putting the pressure on us," tight end Zach Ertz said. "It seems like we’re at our best as a team, as an offense, when everyone is counting us out."

Comment

I would like to see more offense, but with Smallwood at RB and an UDFA at WR, what is to be expected ? I think we are going to see some name guys going down the road and The Rugby player is going to be on the roster IMO
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

LB Corey Nelson released

Comment

they must be using jones as a tackling dummy in camp. maybe the other dummies are broken.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      I would like to see more offense, but with Smallwood at RB and an UDFA at WR, what is to be expected ? I think we are going to see some name guys going down the road and The Rugby player is going to be on the roster IMO

I can't friekin believe it but you're right! Awesome quickness. At some point they have to IR him during the season I imagine but he's going to play someday. You sure aren't going to keep Warmack over him.

Comment

The rugby player is fast. I thought it was false starts a few times, he’s so quick. I agree he makes the team. They can’t try to practice squad him.

Comment

Can't practice squad him and I don't think you can IR him if you want him to practice and learn this season. He could be put on the non-football injury list which essentially equates to PUP but it's for a non-football injury. His quirky knee from Rugby qualifies for this. But he couldn't practice for 6 weeks and then they could begin a 5 week window to either activate him or place him on injured reserve for the season. From all reports, it seems like they love his potential and they wouldn't want to keep him sidelined for 6 weeks. But if they are desperate enough for roster spots, they could go this route.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            Can't practice squad him and I don't think you can IR him if you want him to practice and learn this season. He could be put on the non-football injury list which essentially equates to PUP but it's for a non-football injury. His quirky knee from Rugby qualifies for this. But he couldn't practice for 6 weeks and then they could begin a 5 week window to either activate him or place him on injured reserve for the season. From all reports, it seems like they love his potential and they wouldn't want to keep him sidelined for 6 weeks. But if they are desperate enough for roster spots, they could go this route.
                            I was thinking that they could go the Pumphrey route and keep him around until they need the roster spot for somebody else like Jernigan when he becomes available. You can always invent an injury to do that and in the meantime he gets to practice with the team.

Comment

Right now the battles I see are as follows:

4th running Back - I am keeping Adams, he brings a different set of skills to the game than what we have and he developmental something I want in a 4th stringer

4,5 and 6th Wideouts - Gibson should be one of them. Hollins is a special teams player in my opinion. Carter could be the 6th receiver but honestly, I would look to add one during cuts. Nobody really has stood out enough. Especially with Alshon hurt.

Offensive line - Big V stays no matter how bad he has been in the preseason he was the left tackle in a Super Bowl team and is young. Pryor has looked great, Seumolo stays as he is versatile. That leave one or two spots. I think Maelia stays and I think Warmack stays until Rodgers gets healthy

3rd Tight End - I don't Rodgers starts the year so That is why Seumolo stays on the team as he can be the third tight end for blocking purposes. Keep an eye on them signing another tight end and letting Rodgers go though.

Defensive End - I think they keep six as Means and Sweat both make it. Sweat will be deactivated most weeks

Defensive Tackle - I think they go light here with only three as Bennett will play inside more. They will sign one of Hector or Shittu to the practice squad. I think Quails is gone

Linebacker - They will go with five with Reynolds being the 5th for special teams as will Gerry and Hill.

Defensive backs - I think they will keep 6 corners with Douglas, Maddox and Bausby as the 4,5 and 6 guys. I only think they keep 3 safeties. As Douglas could slide over there in a pinch if need be.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X