Lions at Birds GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
    Taz. You are probably right. I think they will play better but winning at Green Bay on Thursday night is a heavy lift. Still, this team has shown an ability to play at its best when their backs are against the wall however they are pretty mortally wounded at WR and along the defensive front already.

The issue is if we lose at Green Bay, then beat the Jets, we are still only 2-3 staring at the Vikings and the Cowboys. It is very likely that this team goes 2-5 out of the gate and then would virtually have to run the table to get into the playoffs.

I will say that is possible.

It isn't a stretch to think when healthy they would be a favorite or at least close to a favorite the rest of the way.

At the Bills
    Vs the Seahawks, Pats and Cowboys

Other than that they have the Giants twice, the Skins, and the Dolphins.

But if they could figure out a way to steal a game and be 3-4 then there is a path to get to 11-5 or 10-6 and get into the playoffs.

At 2-5 I don't see a path.

That's why this Lions loss mattered so much.
    The one thing about the NFL is all games matter. To me the loss to Atlanta was worse than yesterday. Why because you are a 4th down stop away from winning the game. They make the stop before Julio goes for the TD and is over. After they were up 10-7 yesterday in the first quarter they never led again. Yes if they caught the ball etc. they would have won but the Atlanta game was much more winnable. Just my two cent.

They are going to be 1-3. I don't think any game even against the Jets or the Giants is a give me. To me there is something off about this team and its more than the injuries.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Yep this is certainly my thought and it starts with the coaching, environment, attitude or something...……...
      "To me there is something off about this team and its more than the injuries."

As for Thurs. Sure it will be a tough go. Was always going to be a tough go when you are on a short week and going into GB. But a break here or there and the birds can walk away with a win. I'm a believer that every game is important. Some may hurt worse than others but you have to go into every week believing you are there to win. The NFL is tough enough but anyone who goes in thinking they are beat will probably be beat. These guys need to check their jock strap just like Atl did after losing to Minn and then stepping up to beat Philly
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Yep this is certainly my thought and it starts with the coaching, environment, attitude or something...……...
        "To me there is something off about this team and its more than the injuries."

As for Thurs. Sure it will be a tough go. Was always going to be a tough go when you are on a short week and going into GB. But a break here or there and the birds can walk away with a win. I'm a believer that every game is important. Some may hurt worse than others but you have to go into every week believing you are there to win. The NFL is tough enough but anyone who goes in thinking they are beat will probably be beat. These guys need to check their jock strap just like Atl did after losing to Minn and then stepping up to beat Philly
        Just a break here and a break there. I think they checked their jock straps.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Working...
        X