Observations Eagles Packers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations Eagles Packers

What a game! Getting a win in Green Bay on a short week is extremely impressive. The offense and special teams were outstanding. The defense held on.

1. Wentz was outstanding last night. He was high on a couple of throws early and he did miss a throw to Alshon at the end but, he didn't commit a turnover, threw for 3 TD's and slid in the pocket when he needed to. I don't really care about the stats. That is a big time game from our QB.

2. Howard & Sanders were clicking on all cylinders last night against an over rated Packers defense. They both ran hard, they both hit the whole with authority. Also they caught the ball.

3. Welcome back our offensive line. They were simply dominant last night. Have to wonder why it took so long. Seumolo actually looked like a competent offensive lineman.

4. I honestly have no idea what the rules are in the game anymore. It varies from week to week, official to official, its just crazy. The officials last night were mediocre at best. Ticky tacky calls, followed by missed calls followed by blown calls. Really was a epitome of what NFL officiating has become

5. Let this sink in for a minute, the Eagles committed 4 count them 4 personal foul penalties on defense last night. They were all legit. I get playing on the edge but this is too much on the edge. They have to clean that up. The thing that really bothers me is that its veteran guys who have been in this league for years like Brown, Sendjo and even the Barnett (3rd year) who are committing these fouls.

6. I am tired of blasting Schwartz but really I have no idea what type of defense he runs. Its really a bend and break and hope for a turnover defense. They got two last night and they were the difference in the game but they were sandwiched around 500 yards and 27 points given up.

7. Rasul Douglas is playing very well right now. Schwartz is letting him play his game which is mostly up at the line of scrimmage.

8. Why is it when this team gets injuries its all at the same position all the time. 3 pass catchers out, now 4 corners out, 2 DTs out. Just crazy.

9. I know there is going to be a ton of talk about Jalen Ramsey this week and rightly so, but Howie needs to find TWO more corners this week. Put Darby on the IR, cut Sidney Jones (the kid is always hurt and simply can't play).

Overall this is an excellent win for this team.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

I liked taking Agholor out of the game plan. Alshon changed GB's defense just by stepping on the field.

Brandon Lee Gowton

@BrandonGowton
    Nelson Agholor was targeted just once in the Eagles’ win over the Packers. Zero receptions.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Taking Agholor out was okay as was leaning on Howard/Sanders not Sproles. The birds have, or at least should have talent on the O where they can game plan for different people each week in order to keep other teams a little off balance.
      I will say this for that crew-- they let the Wentz non fumble run its course rather than jump the gun and be wrong. They, or NY, didn't hesitate to overturn the Ertz non penalty which was called on the field. They were at least a little consistent on the PI challenges and didn't go with PI on pretty small contact. Myself I would have thought both the Eagle one and the GB one were PI by the letter of the law.
      Wentz is a stud QB. Now, he might not have a 14 year career considering the way he plays but he nuts up and plays the game. I will also so give a little nod to Rogers here although he has shown the ability to whine.
      Agree on the personal fouls. I'd submit there were maybe two more that didn't get called.
      The OL reached in and checked their jock; then realized they could throw away the vagisil. Good on them. They played to their talent level.
      Offensively they called a good game for the vast majority of the night. Defensively? They won against a good team in a hard place to play so I will give them that. But that bending and hoping for the best in the red zone is brutal on the heart.
      New CBs? My guess is that guy Hawkins from last year is still selling newspapers somewhere. Wonder if we will see him
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

We miss an inside DT presence alongside 91 that can get to the passer.

Kamu played pretty well and so did Bradham.

McLeod isn’t all the way back.

Goedert in the run game is a killer.

I’d give Wentz a B+.

Howard needs 20 carries a game and Sanders needs 10.

That was the OL from 2017.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm certainly in the minority here but I just don't see why everybody is so high on Sanders. He's got average speed and had 2 opportunities to bust big ones last night and failed. That running play to the left in the second half was so wide open that you could have driven a truck through it and he gained 12 yards. If the offense knocks 10 of them down you damned sure should be able to beat the last one. I'm not impressed, not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            I'm certainly in the minority here but I just don't see why everybody is so high on Sanders. He's got average speed and had 2 opportunities to bust big ones last night and failed. That running play to the left in the second half was so wide open that you could have driven a truck through it and he gained 12 yards. If the offense knocks 10 of them down you damned sure should be able to beat the last one. I'm not impressed, not yet anyway.
            Same for me 60. He has been adequate so far, but nothing special. On the other hand, Jordan Howard has far exceeded my expectations.

I like the grinder backs that can get 3 to 8 yards per carry, over the guys that lose yardage and then break a long one.

Comment

I am shocked that Orlando Scandrick has not been brought back yet. The guy is a pretty decent player and can be good at times. Plus, he is experienced and we need that right now at the CB position.

Comment

I hate to say it but I agree on Sanders. He isn't fast, he doesn't have a lot of wiggle, and he can't run over anybody.

You gotta have one of those.

I mean, he is better than Josh Adams but I don't think at this point he is better than Clement even.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Scandrick is back.
                  Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

I get the ripping of Sanders but the kid gave this team a spark last night with that kick off return. I thought he ran much better last night that he did the week before. Is he the next Westbrook? Who knows Westbrook wasn't Westbrook after 4 games into is career either.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      I get the ripping of Sanders but the kid gave this team a spark last night with that kick off return. I thought he ran much better last night that he did the week before. Is he the next Westbrook? Who knows Westbrook wasn't Westbrook after 4 games into is career either.
                      I get what you're saying taz but Westbrook was buried on the depth chart behind Duce and the other 3 headed monster guy. He didn't get a chance for quite awhile if I remember right. The run was definitely huge but for such a high pick I haven't seen a whole lot to be impressed about. Add in the fumble issues that came with him from Penn State I have to ask myself why? Especially since we have that other beast running so well. The players have been very high on him tough so hopefully the best is yet to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        I get what you're saying taz but Westbrook was buried on the depth chart behind Duce and the other 3 headed monster guy. He didn't get a chance for quite awhile if I remember right. The run was definitely huge but for such a high pick I haven't seen a whole lot to be impressed about. Add in the fumble issues that came with him from Penn State I have to ask myself why? Especially since we have that other beast running so well. The players have been very high on him tough so hopefully the best is yet to come.
                        Its not just Westbrook for the most part when rookie RB come into this league it takes some time. We are not talking about Zeke or Barkley here. We are looking at a late 2nd round pick. He was better last night, if he gets better every week then we have something. Its just too early to give up on him. One other thing with Sanders, he didn't play a ton in college

I personally think Duce screwed this up some. Howard should have been the main guy all along with Sanders spotted in there.

Comment

I think Sanders will be a stud once he gets more experience.

right now Howard is the better HB and should get the ball alot more

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                            I think Sanders will be a stud once he gets more experience.

right now Howard is the better HB and should get the ball alot more
                            Fully agree
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Just my opinion, but Sanders needs touches to really get going. 11 over 4 quarters isn’t enough. He is going to gash someone soon. I thought he might get loose the other night
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X