Lito to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lito to play?

According to the homepage JJ expects Lito to play Monday Night if he can practice on Saturday.Although the news is encouraging,I'd rather give him more time to heal for Dallas.The Coaches see these guys every day and know more than we do but does anybody else out there want to give Lito more time?
    Just give me ONE before I go!

The way Hood looked on Sunday I don't really trust the Eagles clearing people to play much right now. I think Lito being 100% for the stretch is too important.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

i agree. i'd sit lito and take my chances on monday night that mcnabb will outplay favre.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
        The way Hood looked on Sunday I don't really trust the Eagles clearing people to play much right now. I think Lito being 100% for the stretch is too important.

Man - I just watched the highlights of last Sunday's game and Hood had no business being out there. He looked awful and was in nearly every passing highlight for the Niners.

Comment

Hood was GIMPing, for sure. He looked OK early, but as the game wore on he started hobbling and half-stepping. I still don't understand why they didn't pull him sooner. MUCH sooner.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

In the Homepage atriclethe thing that was disturbing was JJ saying "We need to count on Lito this week".Obviously he knows that Wynn & Hansen are terrible in coverage and has no faith in these guys.The fact is,if we have to keep the safeties back in coverage to help these clowns in order to give Lito another week,then so be it.McNabb's in for a shootout and WILL score a bunch on Monday Night so I'd go with the "B" team CB's for one more week.That high ankle sprain needs time & Lito means too much to this Club down the road.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
              Agree!! I want both Lito and Hood as healthy as possible for Dallas. After all the Owens nonsense of the past few days, the media coverage will be INTENSE, and I want the Birds to be as strong defensively as possible.

If they can only be effective in one of the next 2 games, I'd rather lose to the Favrahs than be embarrassed by Hanson and Wynn trying to cover the "Cowturd" receivers.

Comment

This game against GB is important, but it's not as important as the game the following week against Dallas. I would prefer to rest Lito, and Hood another week.

Comment

Sorry, and I'll duck and run, but the "only" important game right now is the GB game.

They must win.

Then you worry about Dullass.

Maybe the fans can look past GB(it seems so have), but I know the coaches and the Eagles won't and those that can play AND help the team will.

I'll give the coaches and the team my trust.

Comment

I trust the coaches on this as well, but GB ain't a playoff game. Dallas isn't either, but my point is that if it's iffy for someone like Lito to play against GB, I would prefer they sit him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                      Sorry, and I'll duck and run, but the "only" important game right now is the GB game.

They must win.

Then you worry about Dullass.

Maybe the fans can look past GB(it seems so have), but I know the coaches and the Eagles won't and those that can play AND help the team will.

I'll give the coaches and the team my trust.
                      BRAVO!! Perfect!
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

As our buddy Herm said..."You play...to win...the GAME!"

Comment

Dallas is a divsion game. GB is not....Rushing Lito back will prove disastrous for the long season ahead.

Comment

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeN ... p?id=56414

B-West, Lito Back To Work

September 30, 2006
                            By CHRIS McPHERSON

It worked for him last week, why not again?
                            Running back Brian Westbrook returned to the practice field on Saturday for the first time this week. Westbrook, who was listed as questionable on Friday's injury report with knee swelling, only practiced once last week and rushed for 117 yards and had three touchdowns against the 49ers.

Even better news for the Eagles was the return of free safety Brian Dawkins and cornerback Lito Sheppard. Dawkins participated in a limited role on Friday, and since he missed a portion of practice was declared as missing practice. Questionable with a concussion on Friday's injury report, Dawkins had said all week that he would be playing on Monday against the Packers and the missed practice time was merely a precautionary measure.

But to see Sheppard back on the field is encouraging news for the Eagles. After suffering a high-ankle sprain in the season opener against Houston, Sheppard has not played since. Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson said that he expects Sheppard to play if he practiced on Saturday.

The only player not to practice Saturday was cornerback Rod Hood, who was listed as doubtful on Friday's report with an injured heel.

Head coach Andy Reid will address the media and update the injury situation further later this afternoon. PhiladelphiaEagles.com will provide the updates as soon as they are available.

Comment

Somewhat encouraging.... although, and i'm sure I'm wrong,,, I thought Lito's ankle was NOT a high ankle sprain and that is why eveyone thought he wouldn't miss significant time?

Comment

Working...
                              X