Now this REALLY pisses me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this REALLY pisses me off!

At one point during tonight's game I heard Michaels say something to the effect that "Dallas felt so honored to be chosen to face the Jets on this very special night".

Now the 13 teams that the Jets play this year are set and are not subject to manipulation by the NFL. But the scheduling of those games is toally flexible. So why is Dallas the team chosen to play on the 10th aniversary of 9/11 instead of what would seem to be both the logical and sentimental choices...either the other New York team or the team from DC, the other targeted city.

But No! We get the habitually catered to and entitled mother fucking Cowboys. To me it again reflects what a really insincere shill piece of shit is Roger Goodell.

The only thing that soothes my anger is that, as is his specialty, Romo shit the bed twice in the clutch and lost the game.

It really doesn't matter does it? I have no problem with the Cowboy playing (and losing) this game. The importance of this day should transcend who plays who.

Comment

The other New York team and the DC team played each other in the national 4pm slot.

Comment

If the Giants and Jets played each other yesterday it would have destroyed the New York unity that 9/11 brings. I have no problem with them not playing but I agree with Tino that it sure sucks that Dallas weasels into another national spotlight situation.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I do get what you are saying a little bit. The Eagles could've played the Jets to recognize what happened in PA on 9/11 but I think you might be being a tad dramatic.

That said, your baseline assumption is correct. The Cowboys ALWAYS get overblown and propped up as a team we love to watch. I love to watch them get embarrassed on national TV so I guess I can thank the schedulers for that.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The cowboys are the Notre Dame of the NFL.

Comment

The Cowboys are the Osama Bin Laden of the NFL and were the perfect choice to be beaten on 9/11!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy View Post
                It really doesn't matter does it? I have no problem with the Cowboy playing (and losing) this game. The importance of this day should transcend who plays who.
                I take the opposite view though (other than the cowboys choking on national tv). If it does matter who plays to commemorate 9/11, dallas, with its disgusting greed and corporate corruption which represents everything that's wrong with American business, should be the last team chosen.

Comment

Working...
                X