X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters will be back, maybe Sproles too

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...e-jordan-hicks
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I would be thrilled to see Sproles back for another season or as long as he wants. His screen and draw ability would add yet 1 more dimension to this offense and improve the punt return game as well.
    With JP coming back, we have a bit of that depth back again without considering what they could come up with in the draft and free agency.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I have said all along that both Sproles and Peters coming back would be great in my book.......... If healthy!

Peters gives us depth, Sproles just is a super star and IMO is a D Coord nightmare.

Comment

Draft Gesicki and we will have some fun
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It's up to Ricky if he wants to come back or not because I don't think The Birds can offer him much. Howie said that he wants picks to replace FAs that we lose.

Comment

Both Peters and Sproles are outstanding locker room guys and team guys. You can't go wrong with that. The issue is whether they are their former selves and are they willing to take the money the birds can afford to give them. If so I am ecsatic with them being back. If not I am good with the birds deciding they need to move on.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              It's up to Ricky if he wants to come back or not because I don't think The Birds can offer him much. Howie said that he wants picks to replace FAs that we lose.
              Dense me again.... Who is Ricky?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                For who? For what? I also wanna know who Ricky is because that Ricky is long gone lol

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  Sorry MD. For some reason I always call Darren Sproles Ricky Sproles . Once you get it in your head you're stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Sorry MD. For some reason I always call Darren Sproles Ricky Sproles . Once you get it in your head you're stuck.
                    Hmmmmm, remind me never to let me in your head!

Comment

Sproles would be great, but we can't re-sign him before free agency starts, and we'd have to clear some room. He'd have to come back at a relatively low salary to make it work. It would be great if he did come back though.

Blount is probably in the same position. If he gets a great offer early in free agency, best of luck, but if teams ignore him again, we could talk a bit later (maybe after the draft)...

Comment

Vaeao might be working on getting bigger, stronger and faster in case he replaces Allen

Comment

If the Rams are indeed cutting Tavon Austin he would be the guy I would be targeting to be both kickoff and punt returner as well as giving Doug using him in the passing game.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            Vaeao might be working on getting bigger, stronger and faster in case he replaces Allen
                            Richardson was decent too wasn't he? I think that was the guy"s name anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X