Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Howie

Howie Roseman named Executive of the Year
    Roseman takes home a NFL executive's highest honor.

Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman has been named the NFL Executive of the Year by the Pro Football Writers Association of America.
    Roseman was instrumental in making the personnel moves that transformed the Eagles from 7-9 and last place in the NFC East to 13-3, NFC East champions, and a NFC Championship game appearance. This despite losing Carson Wentz, Darren Sproles, Jason Peters, Jordan Hicks, and Chris Maragos for the season.
    The Eagles are hosting the NFC Championship Game and are one win away from the Super Bowl! Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news throughout the playoffs! -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!
    Here were some of the moves Roseman made that got the Eagles to 13-3:
    - Signing Alshon Jeffrey, Chris Long, and LeGarrette Blount in free agency
    - Trading Jordan Matthews for Ronald Darby in August
    - Corey Clement as an undrafted free agent
    - Resigning Stefen Wisniewski to a multi-year contract
    - Trading for Tim Jernigan and receiving a 2017 third-round pick, despite giving up a third-round pick (selecting Rasul Douglas with that pick)
    - Trading for Jay Ajayi at the trade deadline
    - Drafting Douglas, Derek Barnett, Mack Hollins, and Elijah Qualls...all players that have contributed to the team in 2017.
    - Signing Jake Elliott after Caleb Sturgis went down in Week 1.
    This is Roseman's first Executive of the Year Honor. Well deserved.
    To follow Eagles reporter Jeff Kerr on Twitter: @JeffKerr247

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

One hell of a job Howie.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yep. Howie has taken a lot of heat over the years and I am sure he will have to continue wheeling and dealing to stay in front of the sal cap implications and lack of draft picks but reality is he did well. Both he and Doug should get RAVE reviews considering people (fans, media, NFL insiders) thought they were lightweights.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I really thought he deserved it last year for rebuilding this team from the pile of shit Chip left to a respectable team in a single off season. Great job this year too and regardless of when he got it, it’s nice to see him get the award!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

As a real doubter and, sometimes, harsh critic of Howie, I enthusiastically admit he's done a really great job of: A. cleaning up so effectively after the arrogant ass wipe decimated the roster and was shown the door and B. building a championship contender.

WTF! That is what we're doing...Right Cholly? Contending.

Somebody pinch me.
          Last edited by tinopuno; 01-19-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

All Hail Howie! Guy has done a great job. He, Joe and Doug make a nice tandem for the future
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Well deserved Howie, the Guy has done a Great Job!
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Good for him!

Comment

Working...
                X