So, who is confident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who is confident?

I really believe the birds DL is better all around than the Vikings DL. I really think the birds OL can wear down the Vikings DL. The Vikings have good RBs but I think Blount/Alayi/Clement are just as good. I think the fans/homefield are more important this game than most.
    Give me the birds 20-13
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    I really believe the birds DL is better all around than the Vikings DL. I really think the birds OL can wear down the Vikings DL. The Vikings have good RBs but I think Blount/Alayi/Clement are just as good. I think the fans/homefield are more important this game than most.
    Give me the birds 20-13
    That sounds about right. Vaitai vs Griffen is the key to this game. Can’t have any strip sacks or pressure that causes interceptions.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

20-10 Birds are 4-0 as home playoff dogs and I think too much time has been spent on last week for the Vikes. I don't think we've seen the best from this defense yet.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I am pretty confident. The numbers that count favor the Eagles. I think Foles is going to be real good this week. Everyone forgets just how bad the weather had been since the Giants game. A couple of damn good Qb,s have come in here in Carr and Ryan and struggled with the same things Nick struggled with deep passes hang up etc. Vikings defense is not the same on the road as it is at home and neither is their offense, home field advantage is the key. Now the Eagles have to go out and play their game
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I feel better about this game than the last against Atlanta. One reason is that those last 1 1/4 games by Nick were just brutal. He did a pretty good job last weekend, which gives me some hope. The other reason is that we are not facing a QB that has historically been one of the best in the game. I am just not sold yet on Keenum being much better, if any, than Nick. The last reason is the home crowd. We must get off to a fast start. If we do, that crowd is going to be a huge advantage, just like the Vikings would have if it were in Minn. IMHO, home field advantage is even bigger in the championship games. The fans know that they are 1 game away from the SB. So, they are more likely to get involved with every play then during the regular season.

Comment

Let me start by saying that I laid the 5 1/2 points on Minnesota last week in the stiffs blew a 17 point lead choking their brains out. Then the SOBs luck out on the Hail Mary because NO chokes and make the score 28-23. They then proceed to kneel down on the extra point and pork me by a half point so I now hate the SOBs! The way that I see it both team choked away a game that they should have won while we fought off a SB team at crunch time to get our win. I think that I'll go with that team.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Let me start by saying that I laid the 5 1/2 points on Minnesota last week in the stiffs blew a 17 point lead choking their brains out. Then the SOBs luck out on the Hail Mary because NO chokes and make the score 28-23. They then proceed to kneel down on the extra point and pork me by a half point so I now hate the SOBs! The way that I see it both team choked away a game that they should have won while we fought off a SB team at crunch time to get our win. I think that I'll go with that team.
              I took the Saints to win outright.....they F'ed me with that last pass. Worse than that, I took Atlanta and gave the points (I know). I honestly expect Atlanta to handle us last weekend. I am more happy about the Eagles win, than I am sad about losing the money of course.

However, I am taking the Eagles and the points this weekend. And, I don't feel like a traitor to my team right now

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                I took the Saints to win outright.....they F'ed me with that last pass. Worse than that, I took Atlanta and gave the points (I know). I honestly expect Atlanta to handle us last weekend. I am more happy about the Eagles win, than I am sad about losing the money of course.

However, I am taking the Eagles and the points this weekend. And, I don't feel like a traitor to my team right now
                You're smarter than me. I just took the Eagles this week on the money line.

Comment

The other thing people (media, fans or whoever) tend to forget is Nick has been getting the reps with the ones and especially the receivers. He wasn't getting that the first twelve weeks or so of the season. He has had a month or more of them now so I think he is getting more comfortable each week. Not that he is going to be Bradylike this week but I expect him to be better.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

The other thing people (media, fans or whoever) tend to forget is Nick has been getting the reps with the ones and especially the receivers. He wasn't getting that the first twelve weeks or so of the season. He has had a month or more of them now so I think he is getting more comfortable each week. Not that he is going to be Bradylike this week but I expect him to be better.
                    he was also injured in camp and missed all that time
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That's an excellent point ND. I've had my heart broken so many times I've forgotten most of them now but this team has a ton of guts. Jenkins is the closest thing that we've had to a real leader since Dawkins. I watched some videos of him coming out of the tunnel-awesome! He's definitely a leader of men. We can win this one.

Comment

I was Thrilled to watch that Pass from Keenum to Diggs last week because I DID NOT want to play the Saints. I actually am more confident this week than I was last week. I simply think We match up better vs the Vikes. Gotta give the LT help with either Celek or Burton ve Griffin but other than that IMO Birds win another DOGFIGHT 20-17.
                        GO BIRDS!!!
                        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I’ve heard a lot of the talking heads like Deion and Bayless say that Vegas has it wrong and we should be favoured yet they are still picking the Vikings. I mean WTF???? If you think we should be favoured, then pick us! Otherwise Vegas has it exactly right. About 90% of experts” are picking the Vikings.

Phil Simms, as annoying as he is, actually understands that Vegas sets the line around public perception. These other guys don’t seem to get it.
                          Wentz is out, Foles sucks, Eagles will lose.

A lot of bad “analysis” this week. Bill Polian didn’t even know the names of any of our players. Cowerd is still questioning Doug as a coach. Really? You’d think that they’d step up their game this week.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I watched the last game without real expectations. After the first half felt that the Eagles could win if they played a clean second half. They did, and they did. This one feels less intimidating bc Foles played well last week, but that’s the recency bias imo. Last week Nick had a clean pocket. If he has it again this week, I like our chances. I suspect he won’t and we will see the old backpedal too often. Wheels fall off for Nick under pressure. This game, like many others, will be won on LOS.
                            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

FWIW watching PFT Live this morning, Chris Sims took the Vikes & Mike Florio took the Eagles. Just sayin....
                              GO BIRDS!!!
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X