Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PI can now be challenged-If you think that there was bitchin before.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PI can now be challenged-If you think that there was bitchin before.....

NFL pass interference calls and non-calls are now able to be challenged
    Big change.
    By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Updated Mar 26, 2019, 8:32pm EDT

Scott R. Galvin-USA TODAY Sports
    The National Football League is making a big change: offensive/defensive pass interference calls AND non-calls are now subject to coaches challenges and 2-minute review, according to multiple reports. 31 out of 32 NFL owners voted in favor of this rule change on Tuesday evening.

The impetus for this new rule obviously stems from the controversial non-call that helped the Los Angeles Rams defeat the New Orleans Saints in the 2019 NFC Championship Game. Sean Payton and the Saints haven’t stopped whining about that play since they lost ... even though New Orleans got the ball first in overtime and ultimately screwed themselves.

If the new rules were in effect last season, the Philadelphia Eagles could’ve challenged a BS offensive pass interference call on Dallas Goedert during a Week 14 game against the Cowboys. Of course, the officials could’ve determined their original call was correct, even though it wasn’t. There can be a lot of subjectivity involved with pass interference, after all.

And that’s exactly why there’s some question about instating this new rule. So, it’ll be interesting to see how this change impacts the game in 2019. It sure feels like there’s bound to be a lot more challenge flags thrown.

Poll
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

could go the other way, hold the flags and make the coaches challenge
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Adds strategy, would have overturned the ludicrous offensive PI on Goedert against the CowGirls, yet again we would have won that game. Just keep coming back to how horribly that game was officiated.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Well I hope it would've overturned it but I saw an obvious fumble call not overturned in a Dallas game last year that pissed me off to no end. Most calls are pretty black and white whereas PI has lots of subjectivity. I don't mind adding this but I go back to my belief that they would be better off by reviewing in real time speed and looking for an obvious blown call. They will slo mo PI calls to death
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          Well I hope it would've overturned it but I saw an obvious fumble call not overturned in a Dallas game last year that pissed me off to no end. Most calls are pretty black and white whereas PI has lots of subjectivity. I don't mind adding this but I go back to my belief that they would be better off by reviewing in real time speed and looking for an obvious blown call. They will slo mo PI calls to death

Yes and that's why this rule absolutely sucks! Everything looks bad in super slo mo. The one that gets me is why can't that yellow line on tv be official for a 1st down? It would make things SOOO much easier.

Comment

Gotta wait to see how it is actually written and enforced. Not real keen on the idea on the surface...PI rules are about as vague as they get.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Gotta wait to see how it is actually written and enforced. Not real keen on the idea on the surface...PI rules are about as vague as they get.
              It will probably last until they totally screw one up on Monday Night Football like when they finally fired the part time officials after they cost GB a game on National TV with a ridiculous call for all to see.

Comment

I just hope this doesn't make them stop and look at every passing play in the last two minutes because there is always some "interference" on both sides.

Under these rules, the Hail Mary in the Super Bowl would have been reviewed and we would have to wait 3-4 minutes to find out we won.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  I just hope this doesn't make them stop and look at every passing play in the last two minutes because there is always some "interference" on both sides.

Under these rules, the Hail Mary in the Super Bowl would have been reviewed and we would have to wait 3-4 minutes to find out we won.

That is a GREAT POINT spurr that I don't think that the owners even considered when they made this rule.

If they start reviewing Hail Marys all games will end up with a play on the 5 yard line. There has never been a Hail Mary play in the history of football that didn't have PI or defensive holding along the way.

Comment

I’m good with this but it needs to be clear and egregious
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I just heard that in the last 2 minutes it's in the hands of the officials which at least means that they won't be changing Hail Mary cals. Of course that wouldn't have helped the crying Saints who blamed the officials instead of golden boy Brees who changed the play on first down to a pass and threw an 8 yard wormburner to lose the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X