The rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rematch

Strictly my conjecture but as I ponder this game I was thinking about the difference in the SB game and this one. One thing I have thought is that NE is the same team. They come out every year with pretty much the same talent and mindset. Something I think the birds miss greatly is Chris Long and his leadership. He was a good DL but I don't think that was where his value was for the Eagles. As I look back I think he was the leader in the locker room. While some guys are the big name 'leader' I think there are guys who are in the background and I think he was that guy.
    I'm not sure who that is now. I hope they find one
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Strictly my conjecture but as I ponder this game I was thinking about the difference in the SB game and this one. One thing I have thought is that NE is the same team. They come out every year with pretty much the same talent and mindset. Something I think the birds miss greatly is Chris Long and his leadership. He was a good DL but I don't think that was where his value was for the Eagles. As I look back I think he was the leader in the locker room. While some guys are the big name 'leader' I think there are guys who are in the background and I think he was that guy.
    I'm not sure who that is now. I hope they find one
    We beat them in the SB, they lost their first game of the year before the bye and are injury free with the best defense in the league that is averaging giving up 10 points a game. They come in breathing fire and we will be waiting with half a healthy team. Great.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Pats have a much better defense than they had when we beat them in the playoffs

Much worse offense and special teams

and we are not as talented. We definitely miss Chris Long. Thought we replaced WR speed lost when we let Torrey Smith go.....but no DJ

we are going to need to use both TEs alot. Especially if Alshon is out

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
        Pats have a much better defense than they had when we beat them in the playoffs

Much worse offense and special teams

and we are not as talented. We definitely miss Chris Long. Thought we replaced WR speed lost when we let Torrey Smith go.....but no DJ

we are going to need to use both TEs alot. Especially if Alshon is out

We are going to need Agholor to get his head out of his ass seeing as he is now the #1 receiver!

Comment

I kind of feel like the only chance the Eagles have of winning this game it to run the ball and control the clock. Keep Brady off the field as much as possible.

And, of fucking course, Jordan Howard is dinged up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            I kind of feel like the only chance the Eagles have of winning this game it to run the ball and control the clock. Keep Brady off the field as much as possible.

And, of fucking course, Jordan Howard is dinged up.
            Maybe Sanders has his coming of age party and lights up the Pats. Our only real chance is to take advantage of their OTs who aren't very good. Brady has been knocked around pretty good this year.

Comment

The only chance we have to win this game is for both lines to dominate. We need to get constant pressure on Brady since he has shown this year that he doesn’t handle getting hit as well as he has in the past. We also need the oline to open holes so Sanders and Ajayi can be effective. We do that we can win this game. Anything less and we are likely to be back at .500 and looking up at the Cowboys again.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I actually think without Howard we don’t have any chance.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Honestly I thought they would lose by 15 to 20--- I would love to say that they played them close only losing by 7--- but that would just be folly---- The Patriots on Offense almost played as badly as we did. Worst game I have ever seen the GOAT play... we were lucky to be within 7.

Comment

Working...
                  X