No announcement yet.

Les Bowen has been reading my chit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Running the clock via passing and via running isn't the same. Running implies a better probability of the clock not stopping due to incomplete passes or catching and getting out of bounds (either by getting tackled or pushed, or running out of room). "

Just to clarify my position...... I agree with the above statement, when discussing running out the "game clock" in order to salt away a game.

What I disagree with is this notion that you "have" to be able to run 1. To be a good team. 2. As the mantra goes "so that your D gets enough rest" 3. That it's the O's responsibility to keep the D rested, (IMO it's the D's job to keep the D rested) .

There are many ways to skin a cat as the saying goes--- but whatever way you pick-- you have to do it right------Execution.

Comment

Been over this with Dawk before. The number of runs isn't as important as the TIMING of those runs.

Fortunately, as we witnessed just this last week, Reid CAN still learn. When he needed a damned yard, he actually called for a QB sneak, which everyone was teling him to from the week prior, and it WORKED! WOW! Totally new concept.

Fret not Dawk. Reid has said publicly he needs to run more, he's just going to have to ease into the idea. Rome wasn't built in a day.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
        Been over this with Dawk before. The number of runs isn't as important as the TIMING of those runs.

Fortunately, as we witnessed just this last week, Reid CAN still learn. When he needed a damned yard, he actually called for a QB sneak, which everyone was teling him to from the week prior, and it WORKED! WOW! Totally new concept.

Fret not Dawk. Reid has said publicly he needs to run more, he's just going to have to ease into the idea. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I agree...but you would think Rome would start being built quicker when they have resources to do it (17 plus point leads) and have health issues on defense

but who am I? I'm just the guy who totally agrees with Bowen. Use these times against inferior opponents to run the hell out of the ball...and do it with Buck and Moats too. Get 'em work while you can

Comment

I agree with you, and it's what I want to see as well. It's just not Reid's nature, never has been and likley never will be. But he CAN improve on it.

I also wanna see more of Cole at FB in short yardage situations. Maybe we will.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

it's in alot of peoples nature to do alot of good and bad things. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

I don't like how little we run. Regardless of what Andy likes.

I'm shocked any other Eagle fan would be happy with it too.

anywho...time to move on

Comment

You can be a good team without effectively running the ball; however you cannot be a great/Super Bowl team without being able to runt he ball effectively in the fourth quarter. Just my
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
              X