Hit those owners hard Mr. President!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the same about your view

only you are the hypocrite that complains and still helps line the pockets of owners and players.

not that taxes and $ has anything to do with an individual's freedom of speech

semantics that not standing and/or removing a hat is now disrespect.

People's views of what disrespect are, is a joke nowadays.

here is a thought sports leagues. Keep the players in the locker room during anthems. Like we used to.

I thought violence, death, maybe even burning the flag was disrespect. Now it's anything anyone can find to moan and whine about

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post

not that taxes and $ has anything to do with an individual's freedom of speech
      Well, that 1st amendment pertains to the government. And money certainly has something to do with it in this case. You see, NFL players are employees. And as such, they don't have a right to speech that negatively impacts their employer financially. Not under the first amendment anyways. I think these players are forgetting that they are employees, and the fans are customers. The government can't restrict your freedom of speech, buy your employer sure as hell can. If you don't believe that, then go take a look at how many people have been shit canned for posting stuff on social media. If I made a protest, exercised my freedom of speech, and what I did and said caused my employer to lose customers, I'd be making my next protest from the unemployment line. These players have a bit of a shield because they are union, but let's not go pretending that the 1st amendment, and the freedom of speech pertains to employers. It doesn't. And that's where the money that you say has nothing to do with it comes in.

Comment

Lol, look man you do not know my views.... As I respect the rules of no political talk on the board. This thread was dealing with the $$$ impact of the whole mess.

Yes I did make fun of your 1st post .... I think that response was self evident based on your snarky political commentary.

And as EB points out ...despite your running comments..... Employees do NOT have the same 1st amendment rights while actually working.

So you go ahead and be all upset and emotional over your ilk losing the election, meanwhile I'll take my 25% run up of the stock market.

Now can we get back to discussing the actual thread topic?

Comment

BTW,,,,,,,,, we have a nice MISC section where you can profuse all your hatred to your hearts content.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            So you go ahead and be all upset and emotional over your ilk losing the election, meanwhile I'll take my 25% run up of the stock market.

Now can we get back to discussing the actual thread topic?
            awe naw you don't get out of this that easy

1. I'm not Democrat or Republican. for the 2nd time
            2. MD's 401K is up, rest of the country doesn't matter. at least you aren't selfish or anything. LOL
            3. I never said a word about the first amendment. You and EB seemingly put that in my post on your own.
            4. I hope Jerrah cuts or doesn't play players if they don't stand. The league has a large percentage of players caring about issues outside of the NFL. (we all know you and Jerrah don't care) Hopefully it will backfire and FA's won't want to be there

Comment

Ok, whatever... Wanna discuss the topic or just whine?

Comment

Jesus Christ. Everyone just fucking stop it.

Comment

OK, my fault

moving on

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                    OK, my fault

moving on
                    Thank you!
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Just use the Misc forum!

Comment

The Russians helped the child rapist Trump get elected after Hillary sold all of our uranium out and then Bill personally killed Seth Rich after he raped Juanita Broderick. It was all streamed via Julian Assange to Barack Obama while he was vacationing at a Mosque in his native nation of Kenya. They were there getting a touch up on Michele’s gender reassignment Surgery.

Now that everybody is offended let’s get back to the football.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

ENOUGH! vin has 1 rule, no politics on this forum.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Well, we all know that there is more than one rule.

I suggested that it be taken here several times.

Btw it was a legit topic,, just maybe with the wrong title.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                              The Russians helped the child rapist Trump get elected after Hillary sold all of our uranium out and then Bill personally killed Seth Rich after he raped Juanita Broderick. It was all streamed via Julian Assange to Barack Obama while he was vacationing at a Mosque in his native nation of Kenya. They were there getting a touch up on Michele’s gender reassignment Surgery.

Now that everybody is offended let’s get back to the football.

Finally! Some serious journalism.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what part of owners Dawk doesn't understand.
                                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X