• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquiesce this- dickhead is still bitchin

Sean Payton dislikes playoff all-star officiating crews

Mar
    3/25/2019 7:36:35 AM
    Don't count New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton as a fan of all-star officiating crews for the postseason, Herbie Teope of NFL.com reports.

Payton's team was victimized by a blatant missed call, which even the league admitted should have drawn a penalty, that contributed to a 26-23 overtime loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the NFC Championship Game.

And the Saints head coach told NFL Network's Steve Wyche over the weekend at the league's annual meeting in Phoenix that matchups need to better officiated, especially if the top officials in the league are on the field.

"We can't have an all-star crew and sit there and stare at a play like that," Payton said. "That honestly is called correctly -- not only in high school Friday night -- that call is made correctly in youth football. This is supposedly our best and our best wasn't good enough."

Payton, a member of the league's competition committee, then expounded on why he doesn't favor the all-star format for the playoffs.

"The first time I meet you and we've never met before and we're going to golf together, we're probably, both of us, are going to be, I would say, very cordial and it's human nature to get along with each other," Payton told Wyche. "But if you and I play every Friday, then it would be very common eventually, as I get to know you to talk a little smack, maybe, or certainly feel comfortable to act the way I normally would act.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Eat a dick Payton!

He’s not wrong but nobody deserved a blown call more than him.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      Eat a dick Payton!

He’s not wrong but nobody deserved a blown call more than him.
      I still don't think that it was as bad a call as everybody else makes it out to be. From some angles it looks like the ball is by the receiver and I don't know if you call the head contact on the goal line at game time in a playoff game. If Mr. Wonderful had run the ball on first down it wouldn't have made any difference anyway. It's just like him to blame somebody else for his stupidity. It was just as bad a call as the pass in the Seattle game in the SB a few years ago.

Comment

The Sean Peyton won't quit bitchin rule

Tommy Lawler:

The replay change should be called the Sean Payton Won’t Quit Bitching Rule. His team lost, in part on a terrible call. In part, being the key phrase. Several people have mentioned the hope that the Saints now lose a game where replay changes a call against them at a crucial moment. That would be oh so ironic.

Comment

Working...
        X