No announcement yet.

Things that might make you go... HMMMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that might make you go... HMMMM?

People coming forward 40 years later becuase they were touched or kissed?

Is there anybody In "The Hollywood world " that isn't some sort of weird sicko?

Trying to figure out how to prove something didn't happen 30 or 40 yeas ago?

Guns are REALLY the problem or is it actually just more sicko's in the world?

And yet, Do we really need ASSUALT rifles?

I'm sure there are many more, just having a cup of coffee and random thoughts popped into my head.

I think that you read my mind MD. Somebody came out today and said they were sexually assaulted over 30 years ago because some famous guy grabbed her ass. Hell, everybody on the planet both male and female would be in jail if that were a crime at that age. I think that I was the grabee more than the grabber. What nonsense. I swear the world has gone mad.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Interesting question. I would love to sit with 8-10 people (reasonable people) and a moderator to discuss areas such as the current sexual assault issue. What is harassment? What is assault? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Should you have non disclosure settlements since the perpetrator is not identified and can continue being a problem? Is there a problem if there was benefit on both sides, ie an aspiring actress submits to the encounter in order to advance her career but then raises a flag years later? If someone flirts with another in order to gauge interest and stops if rejected was the initial contact harassment? Does it matter if large numbers report incidents against a person as opposed to one or two reports of problems? How about people like at least three US Senators who say they have been subject to such things in the Senate yet they do not want to identify the perpetrator? Is that good for anyone?
      Many, many similar questions could be raised about weapons in the US, mass killings, extravagant spending on such things as poverty, education, inner cities, etc. In fact they could replace half the crap on TV with such discussions and I think we would be better off as a society
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Yes, as 60's video shows we really did have simpler times.

Today's world is ugly, and the values that I grew up with seem almost meaningless now.

Comment

I met Pete Rose a couple of times--- think I'll accuse him of inappropriate touching 30 years ago.... just so he will never get into the hall.

When did we get to guilty till you prove yourself guilty?

Comment

Working...
          X