No announcement yet.

What Level of Confidence Do you Have ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Level of Confidence Do you Have ?

We are the reigning SB Champs and know what it takes to perform on this stage, we are getting healthy and we are being lead by a guy who has "it". They Bears are a good team with a great D, but not much Playoff experience . I'm very confident that we will post a victory and go further in the playoffs than that jizz guzzling broke back mountain pack of fudge packers from Dallas. Ready for the weekend !!
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

This has been such a weird year for the birds. Losing games they shouldn't, getting blown out and then winning games that they shouldn't have. I like there chances against the bears but I wouldn't say I was confident enough to put a large sum of money on it. I'd watch out for a pass by Burton to Trubisky.

Comment

I would say 50%. Truly a toss up. I believe we can win and I never would have thought that 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        I would say 50%. Truly a toss up. I believe we can win and I never would have thought that 3 weeks ago.
        I agree. I think it will be a low scoring game. 16-14 or something like that. If it comes down to a FG, I have to like Elliott over Parkey.
        Even if we win, I don’t see how we get past the Saints.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I guess I am in line with most. I can easily see the birds winning but a loss wouldn't be a great surprise. I saw a guy in a store yesterday and he asked if I thought they can win this one. I told him I know they can win it. Will they win it is still a question IMM.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I honestly don't know. I certainly think they can win it. And, it would be wonderful irony for the Bears to beat the Vikes last week, which put the Eagles at Soldier field for the wildcard game, and the Eagles upsetting them.

I think we can look forward to a good game complete with big hits, turnovers, chunk plays, and of course, ridiculously bad officiating.

Comment

OK I'll be honest, while I would love to see us win and we can win--- I don't see it happening. I think the Bears will be super hyped on D, I don't see Nick lasting the full game, I would not bet on the Birds.

I hope I am dead wrong...... obviously. But my head is talking not my heart.

Comment

This game is the definition of a toss up for me. Eagles are playing great ball on both sides but the problems of the past can easily creep up. Bears defense is outstanding and opportunistic. There is so much to like about the Bears. The question is Trubisky. Can he not turn the ball over? I see low scoring game which bodes well for Eagles!

Comment

The Eagles really have nothing to lose in this game. They're the world champs. They've had a dumpster fire of a season due to injuries. They squeaked into the playoffs. The vast majority of people will pick the bears.

This is the kind of game they win.

Comment

Complete toss up. Funny, but I think I want Dallas to loose more than I want the Eagles to win this week.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
                      Complete toss up. Funny, but I think I want Dallas to loose more than I want the Eagles to win this week.
                      Funny that I almost feel the same way. With 3 playoff games (potentially) on the road, I don't feel that we have much chance at a run. Plus, our secondary is now a bit better, but still kind of weak. I just don't see an extended run. And, I don't hate the Bears. After all, we would not even been in the playoffs if they would have rested their starters.

If Dallas goes out saturday, sunday is going to be a very enjoyable game for me with little stress. We are living on bonus time.

With that said, I think we have about a 40% chance of pulling this off in Chicago. I have learned not to doubt Nick, when good Nick shows up. If he shows up and can complete a lot of quick release passes. And, if the running game can at least make a slight dent in the Chicago D, I think we have a chance. We need long sustained drives that will chew up clock, wear down the Bears D and keep our D fresh.

Playing in Chicago with a fired up fan base won't help.

Comment

Agree with the sentiments about really wanting to see Seattle beat/hurt the unspeakable scum from Texas.

As for the Birds, I'm an optimist by nature but a pessimist by training as a Philly sports fan. So it troubles me that I feel somewhat optimistic re: the Birds chances against Dah Bears. Can't remember the last time I felt any optimism going into a big Eagles game. Probably the kiss of death.
                        Last edited by tinopuno; 01-05-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                          Funny that I almost feel the same way. With 3 playoff games (potentially) on the road, I don't feel that we have much chance at a run. Plus, our secondary is now a bit better, but still kind of weak. I just don't see an extended run. And, I don't hate the Bears. After all, we would not even been in the playoffs if they would have rested their starters.

If Dallas goes out saturday, sunday is going to be a very enjoyable game for me with little stress. We are living on bonus time.

With that said, I think we have about a 40% chance of pulling this off in Chicago. I have learned not to doubt Nick, when good Nick shows up. If he shows up and can complete a lot of quick release passes. And, if the running game can at least make a slight dent in the Chicago D, I think we have a chance. We need long sustained drives that will chew up clock, wear down the Bears D and keep our D fresh.

Playing in Chicago with a fired up fan base won't help.
                          But it would
                          Be the
                          Ultimate way to win the title. With absolutely no hope.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                            Agree with the sentiments about really wanting to see Seattle beat/hurt the unspeakable scum from Texas.

As for the Birds, I'm an optimist by nature but a pessimist by training as a Philly sports fan. So it troubles me that I feel somewhat optimist re: the Birds chances against Dah Bears. Can't remember the last time I felt any optimism going into a big Eagles game. Probably the kiss of death.
                            Over half a century of witnessing mostly failures tends to make people feel that way tino.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

OK gentlemen, here it is; the Eagles win a close game this week but we take a beating in the process. The Bears D is no joke but neither is ours. I think we win on a defensive score or a special teams score. That sets up a HUGE “payback is hell” game next week...... and I think only 1 starting QB leaves that game healthy. Sorry Drew but your magic season ends if you face us next week! But I’m getting ahead of myself.

This is a tough match up but I think, like Bill Clinton, we pull it out just in time!
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X