Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB winner to be determined in court (just like everything else in America these days)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB winner to be determined in court (just like everything else in America these days)

Angry Saints fans file lawsuits, put up billboards in Atlanta
    Jan
    1/22/2019 12:30:18 PM
    |
    More

After a stunning missed call by officials helped to keep the Saints out of the Super Bowl, jilted fans have been reacting in various ways -- from lawsuits and petitions to billboards in Atlanta and boycotts throughout the New Orleans area, Mike Triplett of ESPN reports.

At least two lawsuits have already been filed by local attorneys on behalf of Saints fans who want to compel NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to use his power under the NFL rulebook to replay the final 1:49 of regulation of New Orleans' overtime loss to the Los Angeles Rams in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

Meanwhile, Saints fan Matt Bowers has rented billboards in and around the Atlanta area -- where Super Bowl LIII is being held -- to voice his displeasure with the league.

"And I'm not done yet," Bowers, who owns car dealerships throughout the Southeast, said. "I'm going to do my best to bring as much attention to this as possible -- and I'm not going to stop until i make them miserable."

Fans (and some Saints players) clamoring for a rematch have pointed to an obscure NFL rule: According to Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1, which deals with "Extraordinarily Unfair Acts."

According to the rule, the NFL commissioner has the "sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game."

However, Article 2 also states that, "The Commissioner will not apply authority in cases of complaints by clubs concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed."

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comments
    You must register and be logged in to comment

Minimize
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Their tears are delicious.

Comment

They have no case..... and the courts will not decide the SB participants.

Comment

Shit, maybe that's what we should've done during spygate for our Superbowl against the Pats.

Comment

Who dat crying those tears? Fuck you New Orleans.

Comment

If they win this case we should immediately sue to change the outcome of the Eagles Dallas game this year, that changed who won the division and had home field advantage. Clear recovery

Also it caused pain and mental suffering as we had to listen to Dallas fans from Philly gloat even though we would have won.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              They have no case..... and the courts will not decide the SB participants.
              Everybody said OJ was guilty too.

Comment

pass was uncatchable , fuck them
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Hope they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and are then asked to compensate the defense's legal costs when it is thrown out. The saints have now displaced the Giants (who are now just pathetic) and are now in my unholy hated trinity of Dallas and the Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    pass was uncatchable , fuck them
                    This is exactly what the ref should have said.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                      This is exactly what the ref should have said.
                      EVEN if it were-----there was still a penalty for helmet to helmet and hitting an unprotected receiver.

Comment

EVEN if it were-----there was still a penalty for helmet to helmet and hitting an unprotected receiver.
                        Fuck'em, they got beat and deserved it.

Comment

Oh trust me I'm fine with the outcome, Saints are on my most hated short list, just tryin to keep it real.

Comment

Oh trust me I'm fine with the outcome, Saints are on my most hated short list, just tryin to keep it real.

OK, then they REALLY GOT FUCKED!

Comment

If it wasn’t seen it didn’t happen. The other response lol. I never use to mind the Saints. They rapidly made their way onto my most hated teams. Outside of our division they are definitely at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X