Eagles Sign Andrew Sendejo Safety from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Sign Andrew Sendejo Safety from Minnesota

1 year deal more of a small linebacker big safety type. Interesting addition.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

He sounds a lot like McLeod

Former Vikings safety Andrew Sendejo finds a new home with the Eagles
    by Adam Carlson
    1 hour ago Follow @MNVikingZombie

After starting 58 games for the Minnesota Vikings, safety Andrew Sendejo is bringing his hard-hitting style of play to the Philadelphia Eagles.
    It’s going to be a little weird seeing a Minnesota Vikings defense without Andrew Sendejo playing at safety next to Harrison Smith, but it’s a look that fans will need to get used to heading into the 2019 NFL season.

According to reports, Sendejo has agreed to terms with the Philadelphia Eagles on a one-year deal which will put the hard-hitting safety in a head-to-head matchup against the Vikings this coming season.

FOX Sports and Good Morning Football’s Peter Schrager shared the news of the deal on his Twitter account.

Peter Schrager

@PSchrags
    Free agent safety Andrew Sendejo has agreed to terms with the Eagles on a 1-year deal, per sources. @nflnetwork @gmfb

4:14 PM - Mar 18, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    222 people are talking about this
    Minnesota is moving forward with safety Anthony Harris and couldn’t afford to keep Sendejo on the roster. Harris is a cheaper and younger option at the position and declining the option on Sendejo’s contract freed up salary cap space.

A member of the Vikings for eight seasons, it appeared at one time that Sendejo would retire with Minnesota, but the physical defensive back still has a lot of gas left in his tank to contribute for a few more seasons at least.

Sendejo played in 93 games for Minnesota and started 58 of those where he racked up 355 total tackles with 244 of those being solo and one sack. He also contributed six interceptions, defended 17 passes, recovered three fumbles and forced one fumble

There were times when Sendejo’s aggressive style of defense got him in trouble. His hard hits have resulted in fines and suspensions in the past and even inspired the #FreeDejo hashtag when he was disciplined by the NFL.

MUST READ
    Ranking the Vikings current needs
    Read now >>

We at The Viking Age would like to wish Andrew Sendejo the best of luck in all his future endeavors and thank him for his time with the Minnesota Vikings.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 03-19-2019, 08:54 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

There are a lot of Minny fans that really liked Sendejo. The way they are signing people it seems the birds are all in. Haven't looked into this at all but not sure why a one year deal other than he has a few years under his belt
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

they seem to be filling needs and setting up both good competition and the ability to draft BPA except for the RB position . We seem a bit weak at RB,LB and WR, but as a team, they seem to be bringing in quality people with the ability to play. Getting stoked for the draft.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

My main memory of Sendejo was Blount trucking him for a TD in the NFC championship game two years ago.

He had a really good 2017 though and is a solid Maragos replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            My main memory of Sendejo was Blount trucking him for a TD in the NFC championship game two years ago.

He had a really good 2017 though and is a solid Maragos replacement.
            I thought Maddox was going to be the third safety because I know that Schwartz loves him in that role. This tells me that some of the DBs might not be ready to start the season.

McLoed, Darby, Mills, Jones, and even Douglas all finished the season with injuries. Jones and Douglas' seemed minor but those first three are pretty big ?s to start the season.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see us trade one of our CBs during the draft.
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Trade a DB or two yes I can see that happening.
              Honestly I am not sure they love Maddox in the safety role. He played good in the role but he really isn't big enough to stay in the role long term. I think he is more valuable to them as a cornerback and he played pretty well on the outside last year.

Comment

We were talking about trading dbs before the season started last year too and all of a sudden we were scrambling for them. I don't think that we are trading any.

I wouldn't be too upset about a guy getting run over by Blount because he gets paid to run over people lol.
                Last edited by Eagle60; 03-19-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Here is some film on our new safety

I think that Maddox will be going back to cb.

www.igglesblitz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    I think that Maddox will be going back to cb.

www.igglesblitz.com
                    Honestly he never left the CB position he filled in for a few games at safety. At the beginning and the end of the year he was a cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Honestly he never left the CB position he filled in for a few games at safety. At the beginning and the end of the year he was a cornerback.
                      I realize that those were highlights but Sendego sure looks pretty damned good!!

Comment

Working...
                      X