Vinny Curry is Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinny Curry is Back

The Eagles are bringing back Vinny Curry. I think this is a good depth move.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Meh.....

Comment

Are they planning on drafting two people and trading all other picks?? Seems like a lot of people brought in. Of course they can cut em all in camp but ….. just have to wonder
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Depth is so important to winning. Except for maybe the Malik Jackson move none of these moves are taking up spots where a young player could play. They could still draft a young wide receiver even though they have Jackson, Alshon and Agholor, They can still draft a young DE even though they have Barnett and Graham for a few years, but really only have Long and Curry for one. Whomever they draft competes with Sweat for the 5th spot. They can still draft a linebacker, safety, offensive lineman, RB etc.

If you have watched the way this team has worked over the years, they usually fill their holes by signing a FA and drafting a player.

Comment

This works for me. Hopefully it is at a discount.

Comment

all depends on cost

Comment

Looks like 1 year for 2.25 million. Cheap depth signing.

Comment

I really have no problem with these types of signing. Good vet backup players on lower cost contracts. Much better than 84 million for a box safety (you know the team in Washingtons signing)

Comment

I love Vinny and was hoping that he'd come back. He's a very underrated DE IMO. I really think that his play was very underappreciated while he was here just 2 years ago.
                  Last edited by Eagle60; 03-21-2019, 08:19 PM.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Maybe Long told them he’s leaning towards retirement. Good to have a guy familiar with the scheme.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Great run stopper. We need those.

Comment

To me this means Long is gone.

They will draft a DE high. And they will roll with 5 on game day.
                        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Hopefully, they'll let the draft play out ahead of them and take BPA.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

I think Long may be gone to. However I am not sure they are drafting a DE high unless they plan on trading up. 25 is not a great spot for a DE, neither is 22 or 25 in round 2.

I think they still have a ton of hope for Josh Sweat. So I don't see them reaching for a DE.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

I can see that but could be they don't see a future in Sweat et al. I would also agree on a DE drafted high with the talent that is there. I haven't crunched the numbers but they were kind of high on Hall/Sweat/Ostman but with Graham, Barnett, Curry, and Long they can't draft someone and keep em all. They really only have four DTs though.
                              They just have a lot of options. They've signed guys at every position other than RB I believe. There are some bottom of the roster guys though that maybe they are ready to move on from like WR Gibson or S Sullivan or RB Pumphrey some others.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X