Nice to see a win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see a win

Watched a very depressing walk off loss but it was nice to see Nola break the trend today. Teams go through these lulls but the Phils need to turn it around before Atl starts thinking too much of themselves. Kap isn't the guy that gets in their ass. Maybe a visit from Bowa for a little fiery pep talk. They just looked lackluster the other night
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Would've been nice to see a couple of wins yesterday. Now is the time to step up; head to head games. Not sure they have they horses to do it.
    Talking to my brother last week and he hasn't liked this team all year. Not sure why but he and my other two brothers just don't like the players or personalities or whatever. They may be the exception and winning cures a whole lot but, not being there, I am not sure how well the team is embraced in the Del Valley.
    Not sure if anyone is here much but any takes out there?
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Been watching, even went to a game recently, and I agree with your relatives. I don't find this team likeable, nor appearing that motivated. They just don't hit and personally I still think they need a whole turnover in personnel before they are really going to be "fun" to watch or be exciting to watch.

Comment

Funny how some players or some teams grab the city or stir the fan base. Doesn't sound like these guys do. And it is surprising because I thought they have played above themselves this year--- at the same time maybe they have played below what they're capable of and I wasn't seeing it.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Watched again tonight, they are not very good. They seem resolved to lose. They seem to accept losing. They are just blah!

I will not invest in them until they prove to me that they ...as an organization and team of players... Really do want to win.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

There is a foundation here to build on. I think they want to spend crazy $ this offseason. But just like the Sixers, the player will have to want to come here and that isn't always in our hands. The fascination with Kingery all year is baffling to me. He was clearly overmatched. I hope they keep giving innings to Crawford the remainder of the season.

Comment

I agree there is talent, what I wonder is whether there is a leader or if they even have the motivation. Admittedly I haven't seen as much but I have seen times where it looks like they are just going through the motions even when the game is still tight. They had a chance to pick up three games earlier in the week when the Braves were losing but only got one. Now the elim is down to six I believe so the reality is setting on me.
                I would think the Phils are a good destination for players. Team has money, good young talent, a fairly good fan base--esp when winning. Not sure what Kap's rep is around the league. Do players want to come play for him? And I am sure you guys have better answers but I wonder if Crawford will live up to his potential that we have heard about over the last five years? Is Kingery just a bench guy who can be plugged into places but won't give you anything? Is Franco just Franco--not as special as he should be? Can you live with Odubel disappearing for long periods? Seems like a lot of talent but a lot of questions
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

I also agree that there is some talent to build around, but my concern I revolves around the mentality.

I have heard from a friend of a friend ( yeah, that reliable) that Trout will be a Philly as soon as he can make it happen.

They have a ton of money, do they have the baseball smarts(talent evaluations) to make it happen, and will they spend the money........ Are the two questions I have going forward.

Comment

Is Trout available this year? If he is I think they make that happen pretty easily but I thought he was next year. If it isn't Trout is it Harper or Machado or the like. And then pitching...…
                    And then I still wonder who the leader is. Maybe Hoskins can be it next year; esp if he and whatever big name they get are in sync.
                    Kind of like the Sixers, they are right there on the verge but can they get over the top
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

I think Trout comes free after next year, not sure. But there is huge talent to be had in the next 2 years.... So it comes down to talent eval and willingness to spend those bucks IMHO .

Comment

Trout is signed through 2020. Angels aren't giving him up before then unless we give them everything we have talent wise.

Comment

Working...
                        X