• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another example of the press running with a BS story

Broncos QB Drew Lock: Joe Flacco has 'been great to me'

May
    5/16/2019 7:19:10 PM
    |More
    Denver Broncos quarterback Drew Lock told TMZ on Wednesday that Joe Flacco has "been great to me" when asked about Flacco's comment earlier in the week that it wasn't his job to mentor the rookie, ESPN reports.

Lock, who talked to TMZ after arriving at Los Angeles International Airport, didn't want to specifically address Flacco's remark but said he's learning from his teammate.

"He's taught me a lot so far," Lock told TMZ. "He's dealing with winning football games, I'm dealing with trying to learn. ... We're in the same quarterback room. He's been great to me."

Lock later expounded on those comments in an interview with The Associated Press.

"Me and Joe talk out on the field, talk over things in the QB room. I mean, it's hard even to think about how couldn't I learn from the guy when we're in the same QB room every day and on the same field every day and I get to watch his reps, I get to hear the playcalls he's running in my head through the helmet," he told the AP. "I think it was just mainly him stating that, yeah, I do have a young quarterback underneath me right now but don't forget that I'm here to win football games.

"And he thinks that he can do that and so do I.''

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Comments
    You must register and be logged in to comment

Minimize
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I think Flacco might be just a tad bit frustrated. He gets bumped by Jackson last season, and signs in Denver, only to have them immediately draft a QB that they hope will develop into a franchise guy. He was probably a bit salty when he made that comment that it's not his job to develop Lock, and the media picked up on it.

Comment

Working...
    X