The Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plan?

Of the four sports the sixers are at the bottom for me but I do follow them albeit casually. Is their any way to look at what they do and find any sense. They have had nothing but high picks and none seem to work out. Here we are again where they MAY be able to put something together but I'm not sure their is any evidence they can or will. Don't know what it is but I just don't see a viable plan. I really am curious if there is one so if you have an idea I would be interested to hear it.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

well, they don't have the answer right now at coach, this is still a "plan" year. the challenge is going to be figuring out how these pieces fit together, player-wise. Embiid is surprising people this year, and he certainly figures into the future. Okafor, Simmons.....plan?, I dunno man. I'm as confused as you are. But it is nice that they have some pieces to work with. I don't think any decisions can or will be actually made until we see what Simmons can be at this level. So, that puts us off until atleast January. more patience required.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Thanks. I guess they have some idea of what they are doing. Hell I thought they might be on their way a few years back when they got Michael Carter Williams but that must have been a tease
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

They could trade one of their big men for a guard, but can you count on Embiid right NOW? Hes not even allowed to play past 20 minutes. It will sort itself out, but right now we are kind of stuck.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I take a totally different view. The team is in a great spot. They will have to deal either Okafor or Noel and there doesn't seem to be a big trade market for big men but regardless, the future is bright. Noel would compliment Embiid very well as a defensive stalwart.

Embiid is going to be an enormous matchup problem for any team. His points per 36 minutes is off the charts. He leads all rookies in PPG, Rebounds/Game and Blocks per game all doing this with his minute restrictions. They may keep him on minute restrictions the whole season and I'm OK with that. He is such a precious commodity that you need to insure he is in shape AND does not get hurt which can happen if you go from not playing for 2 years to heavy minutes (kind of like innings limits for pitchers that are either new to the league or coming off injury).

Bayless coming back helps solidify the point guard position along with Rodriguez. For all the McConnell does to be scrappy, he's a pretty big liability out there.

Robert Covington has been AWFUL from the field but if/when he finds his stroke, he will be a key player. His defense is fantastic!

Stauskas is finally finding his shot and Saric has been great for a rookie as a jack of all trades although master of none.

This doesn't even touch how special Ben Simmons will be. Wait until you watch him as a point forward with great handle and enormouse athleticism. Simmons and Embiid are both potential franchise players. Couple that with our future draft picks and the Sixers are truly on the right path.

They have their own lottery pick plus the Lakers 1st round pick (which is top 3 protected) and the right to swap picks with the Kings all in the 2017 draft. We have a slew of additional picks in the years to come. Watch a game or two and you'll find they are a lot of fun even if they come up short. Embiid is electric on the floor and once he gets alot of rookie mistakes out of his system, he is going to be one of the most dominant forces in the league. Keep the faith!

Comment

Honestly, I stopped following them about 6 years ago I guess.

All I really know is that they have stockpiled picks and talent-- but they still can't seem to get any breaks or win many games.

Hopefully they will someday soon be relevant again.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
              I take a totally different view. The team is in a great spot. They will have to deal either Okafor or Noel and there doesn't seem to be a big trade market for big men but regardless, the future is bright. Noel would compliment Embiid very well as a defensive stalwart.

Embiid is going to be an enormous matchup problem for any team. His points per 36 minutes is off the charts. He leads all rookies in PPG, Rebounds/Game and Blocks per game all doing this with his minute restrictions. They may keep him on minute restrictions the whole season and I'm OK with that. He is such a precious commodity that you need to insure he is in shape AND does not get hurt which can happen if you go from not playing for 2 years to heavy minutes (kind of like innings limits for pitchers that are either new to the league or coming off injury).

Bayless coming back helps solidify the point guard position along with Rodriguez. For all the McConnell does to be scrappy, he's a pretty big liability out there.

Robert Covington has been AWFUL from the field but if/when he finds his stroke, he will be a key player. His defense is fantastic!

Stauskas is finally finding his shot and Saric has been great for a rookie as a jack of all trades although master of none.

This doesn't even touch how special Ben Simmons will be. Wait until you watch him as a point forward with great handle and enormouse athleticism. Simmons and Embiid are both potential franchise players. Couple that with our future draft picks and the Sixers are truly on the right path.

They have their own lottery pick plus the Lakers 1st round pick (which is top 3 protected) and the right to swap picks with the Kings all in the 2017 draft. We have a slew of additional picks in the years to come. Watch a game or two and you'll find they are a lot of fun even if they come up short. Embiid is electric on the floor and once he gets alot of rookie mistakes out of his system, he is going to be one of the most dominant forces in the league. Keep the faith!
              Stevie, I simply meant that they are stuck right now with what to do personel wise for this season. The future is indeed bright for the organization, and the groundwork is being laid of r a real run in future season with a few decent breaks. The Sixers have has so much BAAAD luck that I have to jeep my expectations n check.

Comment

Anyone read the Noel article today about only getting eight minutes. This is kind of what I mean when I don't understand what they are doing. Maybe; as stevemc (who always provides good insight IMM) says, the plan is to trade one of these big guys that they drafted. But then why draft these guys, who have been injured, with plans to trade them.
                I just wonder if college teams like Villanova and Temple won't just make the sixers irrelevant in Phila. With the Flyers looking like their young players are coming along to the point where they may start making noise in the NHL can the sixers garner fan support and positive media.
                Maybe you have to be a full time NBA fan to see it but I think they need to make some noise soon if they want to be relevant
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X