Castillo may be a an absolute bust as DC but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castillo may be a an absolute bust as DC but

he sure knows who to parrot when he talks to the media.

Just read this post-game quote from Castillo's in McLane's piece in tomorrow's Inky.

"We have the ability. We have the talent," Castillo said. "I got to do a better job putting the guys in better position to make plays." Is this guy either too stupid or tone deaf to grasp how offensive it is for him to parrot Reid's totally worn out, throw away excuse? Or like AR, does he just not care how he comes off to the media and the fans?

LINK:http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...rdinator_.html

But Castillo isn't the main perpetrator in this crime, he's just an accessory after the fact. The DC disaster specifically and the putrid state of the defense in general is all on Reid! All of it! Many of us shook our heads when Castillo was appointed DC. It seemed to make no sense at all. But then, trusting saps that we are, we told ourselves that with a move so unconventional and with the potential for such terrible consequence if he's wrong, AR must know something about Castillo that no one else does.

Turns out, he didn't! It was another of the totally unrealistic personnel decision where Andy had stepped on his dick. But this time, instead of just a single position where the player chosen for the spot was woefully inadequate, it's the guy running the entire defense.

Little by little AR's support in the fan base has been eroding and while it means nothing, he's finally lost this old sap.
    Last edited by tinopuno; 10-03-2011, 01:37 AM.

Welcome to the dark side Tino.

Reid will not leave his comfort zone which means even if Castillo is fired I fear who he will hire next.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I've been beating this drum for about 3 years. And all I've gotten is "well, who out there is better than Reid? What if we get someone worse?"

Can't get much worse, can it?

Comment

I was in the "who is better than Reid" camp for a few years. Many times on game day, I'd want to fire him on the spot. Then I'd rationalize it away. I was wrong. The game day feelings of firing were correct. Time to go Andy.

Comment

I would love to hear how Lurie feels about all of this.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Castillo'spressers make me want to vomit. He does nothing BUT parrot the same crap over and over, with the "fast, physical and fundamentally sound" garbage, and talking about how everyone got thier first chance and had to prove it....as a journalist(yeah, good analogy Stillo, might want to go back to the well for that one every friggin week), and of course the old Reid-osophy, "I have to put players in the right.....Blah Blah Blah..."

Painful, sickening, insulting. F- You and the man who gave you that job.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
              I've been beating this drum for about 3 years. And all I've gotten is "well, who out there is better than Reid? What if we get someone worse?"

Can't get much worse, can it?
              * Don't buy into that fear. Cowher, Fisher and Gruden could all come in here and kick serious butt with the talent on this team.

Seeing that we go and get a couple LB's in FA and in round 1 next year.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Am I wrong in hoping the Eagles lose out so Lurie is forced to let go of Reid. I was a Reid supporter for most of his tenure but have really soured on him the last few years. His decision making process has been really bad, from bad drafts, to bad free agent signing, to poor choices in the coaching staff. His play calling has always been an issue, use of timeouts etc. But he was pretty good at drafting and adding free agents along with having a very good coaching staff. Now I can't say he is good at anything. His players are speaking out against each other, the team is in disarray and is void of talent at several positions while overloaded in others. Just doesn't seem to be a plan
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  Am I wrong in hoping the Eagles lose out so Lurie is forced to let go of Reid. I was a Reid supporter for most of his tenure but have really soured on him the last few years. His decision making process has been really bad, from bad drafts, to bad free agent signing, to poor choices in the coaching staff. His play calling has always been an issue, use of timeouts etc. But he was pretty good at drafting and adding free agents along with having a very good coaching staff. Now I can't say he is good at anything. His players are speaking out against each other, the team is in disarray and is void of talent at several positions while overloaded in others. Just doesn't seem to be a plan
                  It's a little too early for that.

Some people think it's sacrilege to ever root for an Eagles loss but I'm not one of them. Sometimes the pain of losses leads to better things. If not for some of the recent losses, we'd have McNabb as our QB this year. Could you imagine that?

Imagine if Rich Kotite hung on at 9-7 every year and he never gets fired for 10 years?

But 1-3 is still too early. 1-5 or 2-5 and there's no way we make the playoffs. That's when you can start rooting for losses and/or enjoying your Sundays outside.

Comment

I cannot now (and hope I never do) root for the Eagles to lose so that the coach will be fired, but I can understand the frustration. Hopefully, we can salvage this season. If not, then the entire organization should be examined.

Reid's stubborn adherence to a philosophy that will never win championships (A pass-first offense, and a defense that can't stop the run), his choice of DC, and his ineptitude in game calling are grounds enough for dismissal in my book. Castillo should be dispensed with immediately. if not sooner.

Roseman's failure to draft productive players in the early rounds should also be examined. How long can we remain competitive, when we strike out on the early-round selections?

Banner is beyond scrutiny. He is too closely tied to Lurie, and he is very skillful in managing player costs and finding the loopholes. So, whether we like it or not, Banner will probably be here for another 20 years. Everyone else (including all the players) are expendable.
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

As long as Banner doesn't start making personnel decisions (too late?) I'm ok with him as the business guy.

Since the Eagles are enveloped in a shroud of secrecy, here's who needs to go:

- the guy making drafting decisions
                      - the guy running the defense
                      - the guy running the team

Is that Andy Reid? Is that Reid and Roseman?

But yeah, pretty much Andy. He has lost this team and this organization. I'm sure he'll go somewhere and make a dreadful team much better. And good for him. But he isn't getting it done here anymore.

I think they win this week so 2-3. But if they go 1-4, 1-5, 2-5, it's time to go.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post

I'm glad you've come to the dark side Luke... I mean Taz... I've been tired of it for years. We will never win the SB with Reid at the helm.

Comment

I don't think Reid goes, though I think he should. He reminds me of the Red Sox' Francona. Good coach who just stayed around too long and lost his effectiveness. I think after Reid established himself he had leaders who did a lot of the dirty work for him. Vets that set examples and the young guys followed. Once the old Vets were gone, the new guys actually became the problems instead of taking their places (DJ for one). I think Jackson was a leader at center but he's pretty much out of the picture now. Maybe people didn't like Mikel, but I think he set a decent example. I would think the defense could rally around Babin, but maybe he's just a loose canon and not a leader. Anyway, we're screwed and Reid will be given another year after he agrees to fire Castillo. By then, any hopes of me ever being sober again will have GONE WITH THE WIND!!
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                          X