No announcement yet.

WR Prospects at the Combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know everyone is all geeked up over Ruggs, I am not. Tell me the last time a guy who recorded a top 10 run at the combine turned into a star in the Pro's. I will tell you that it never has happened. Marquis Goodwin, Jacoby Ford, JJ Nelson to name a few. It takes more than speed.

I really liked what I saw from Lamb yesterday. He puts some moves on in the WR drill that were great.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

DB was a great need when they took two corners and a safety in Andy's day and left the Thrash/Pinkston combo to help McNabb. I am definitely not saying they have to go WR in round one but they have to address that need. They have to give Wentz the help. I've stated before that they are one 'top of the line' CB away from helping the secondary significantly. I am not sure you get a CB in the draft who is absolutely ready for NFL prime time. You can get a good one; one that is a starter but not one who is going to change your secondary. So, if they spend in FA I would much rather it be a change maker at CB. Then draft a top WR, a CB, a LB, then linemen or safety or another WR, etc. If they do go CB in round one (and I could live with that) they need to move up in round two to get a playmaker at WR.
      Now that is considering they sign Jordan Howard and Malcolm Jenkins is figured out.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        DB was a great need when they took two corners and a safety in Andy's day and left the Thrash/Pinkston combo to help McNabb. I am definitely not saying they have to go WR in round one but they have to address that need. They have to give Wentz the help. I've stated before that they are one 'top of the line' CB away from helping the secondary significantly. I am not sure you get a CB in the draft who is absolutely ready for NFL prime time. You can get a good one; one that is a starter but not one who is going to change your secondary. So, if they spend in FA I would much rather it be a change maker at CB. Then draft a top WR, a CB, a LB, then linemen or safety or another WR, etc. If they do go CB in round one (and I could live with that) they need to move up in round two to get a playmaker at WR.
        Now that is considering they sign Jordan Howard and Malcolm Jenkins is figured out.
        If DJ and Alshon don't get healthy for camp we could be picking top 5 in 2021.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          I think its both probable and most likely to happen. Very difficult to replace 3 starters in just FA. Nobody is ready to step in at either CB full time and same at Free Safety. This is why everyone screaming for a WR in the first round have to chill. DB is the most pressing need on this team by far.
          I don't know about that. As maligned as Todd Pinkston was, he is a better vertical threat than anyone on the roster not named Desean Jackson. I really have no desire to return to the days when the Eagles have a franchise QB and dogpile at WR. Neither Jackson nor Jeffery is a lock to return, and neither one of them can stay healthy. Take those two out of the equation, and who are the starters? Greg Ward and MDFan? Simply put, If I had the opportunity to draft an elite WR in the first round to pair with Wentz for the next 5 years, no way do I pass on him to take a DB unless the dude is literally the next Deion Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            I don't know about that. As maligned as Todd Pinkston was, he is a better vertical threat than anyone on the roster not named Desean Jackson. I really have no desire to return to the days when the Eagles have a franchise QB and dogpile at WR. Neither Jackson nor Jeffery is a lock to return, and neither one of them can stay healthy. Take those two out of the equation, and who are the starters? Greg Ward and MDFan? Simply put, If I had the opportunity to draft an elite WR in the first round to pair with Wentz for the next 5 years, no way do I pass on him to take a DB unless the dude is literally the next Deion Sanders.
            I really think that you're underestimating MD.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              I really think that you're underestimating MD.
              He's a sure fire, first ballot HOFer, for sure, but unfortunately, at this age, he's lost a step.

I don't think Arcega Whiteside is a guy that has the kind of deep speed to take the top off the defense either.

If they can get an elite WR with deep speed, I'd take him over a DB. Unless, like I said, the guy is the next Deion Sanders.

Comment

We all know that there's no Sanders out there, maybe ever again. But this Simmons kid seems to have "the sky is limit" in him. If somehow we could get him it makes you're secondary immediately better no matter who is back there. In today's NFL it seems to me that it all starts with the guy in the middle. With his speed (3.9!) he can cover anybody, can blitz like hell and hit. He can play any postion on defense that you need with his size too. We have the DTs to keep him clean and he'd be a monster. The guy is a freak.

Comment

We all know that there's no Sanders out there, maybe ever again. But this Simmons kid seems to have "the sky is limit" in him. If somehow we could get him it makes you're secondary immediately better no matter who is back there. In today's NFL it seems to me that it all starts with the guy in the middle. With his speed (3.9!) he can cover anybody, can blitz like hell and hit. He can play any postion on defense that you need with his size too. We have the DTs to keep him clean and he'd be a monster. The guy is a freak.
                  you got me convinced, he could cover the best TE, the fastest WR and about 30 plays a game you line him up somewhere behind the line and let him come. Schwartz has never had a monster, I would like to see what he could do with such a weapon.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If he's that good, I'll venture a guess that he won't be there at #21.

Comment

Working...
                    X