WR-Kind of disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR-Kind of disappointing

The fastest timed player in TC is Agholor at 21.9 mph. I don't remember him as much of a deep threat last year. It doesn't sound to me like we brought in as much speed as we thought we did. It just points out how slow our secondary is.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

What is a top speed for a WR? What would Desean be?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I think cuts and moves and good hands mean quite a bit more than "top speed", to me anyhow. Just how man fly patterns are there in a game, and even those require moves at the line and hands at the end. Just me.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        I think cuts and moves and good hands mean quite a bit more than "top speed", to me anyhow. Just how man fly patterns are there in a game, and even those require moves at the line and hands at the end. Just me.
        I was thinking the same thing MD and that's a valid point but flat out speed is the biggest thing like Jackson has.

As for speed I came up with this:

How many mph does a sprinter run?

With his current world record of 9.58 seconds in the 100-meter dash and a top speed of more than 27 miles per hour, Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt has already defied many expectations of how fast human legs can go.

According to the geeks over at ESPN Sports Science, Vick’s top speed of 21.63 mph is quicker than Adrian Peterson’s top gear. Thus, the former Atlanta Falcon has been known to blow by defensive players with as much as a 15-yard advantage on him.

Comment

Do they measure acceleration at all? If a player can go from 0 to 21 in 2 seconds but another goes 0 to 20 in 1.8 seconds, which one beats the defender on a fly pattern? As MD said, i think speed in and out of breaks is way more important. I wonder what Jerry Rice's top end speed was.
          Last edited by rspurr; 08-04-2017, 01:00 PM.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            Do they measure acceleration at all? If a player can go from 0 to 21 in 2 seconds but another goes 0 to 20 in 1.8 seconds, which one beats the defender on a fly pattern. As MD said, i think speed in and out of breaks is way more important. I wonder what Jerry Rice's top end speed was.

It probably went up 5mph because of Bill Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              [/B]

It probably went up 5mph because of Bill Walsh.
              I remember reading somewhere that Rice "fell" in the draft because
              1. he went to a small school
              2. he only ran 4.65 in the 40.

Comment

I don't disregard speed, I encourage all you can get--- but that isn't even the most important attribute a WR needs. IMO, hands hands hands and a decent QB, Then moves, cuts, speed and all that other stuff. Can't use 40 MPH speed if you can't get off the line.

Comment

Even 40 times are misleading IMHO, Speed at 15 yards is probably a more accurate way to judge quickness on 80% of passing plays.

Comment

==

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      Even 40 times are misleading IMHO, Speed at 15 yards is probably a more accurate way to judge quickness on 80% of passing plays.
                      I'm really not disagreeing, but if a guy is in zone and playing 8 yards off you you need to have speed to get behind him. Anyway whatever Jackson has I want it and it sure as shit ain't coming from Agholor LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X