EA just got exclusive NFL rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA just got exclusive NFL rights

which means the game i prefer, ESPN 2k5 will have player names like the old Tecmo Bowl.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

, not necessarily a bad thing. "QB Eagles" was a monster if I remember correctly. I'd be surprised if ESPN continued to make games without the real players.

Comment

i play NBA 2k5 the most anyway so i'm fine. Plus, all that changes is that we have to play NFL 2k5 instead of paying another $20 for an update.

Comment

You prefer 2k5 to Madden? How is that even possible?
        I'm going back to Houston... to do the hotdog dance. I'm going back to Houston.... gonna get some pants.

-Beck

Comment

Originally posted by maximus
          You prefer 2k5 to Madden? How is that even possible?
          I know everyone has loyalties to Madden but 2k5 is actually a better game. Not just in my opinion but according to the top gaming sites and magazines.

here's one example:

The reasons for this are plentiful. Aside from our contention that there has never been a better-looking football game than this one, ESPN NFL 2K5 also has more than enough depth in both gameplay and features to make it a stellar package. The new ESPN presentational components, the few gameplay additions to the running game and defense, and the übercool online league system simply make ESPN impossible to pass up. This answer doesn't even take into account the fact that this outstanding package can be purchased for the kind of money you'd typically spend on a crappy budget game. How can you go wrong with a deal like this?

Comment

I've never played 2K5, so I can't really judge (I've got Gamecube, and all my friends with X-Box/PS2 have Madden). EA just tried to buy the NBA rights as well, but it didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB
              I've never played 2K5, so I can't really judge (I've got Gamecube, and all my friends with X-Box/PS2 have Madden). EA just tried to buy the NBA rights as well, but it didn't work out.
              really? you got a link to an article?

you should check it out. To me, Madden just has the built in fan base but they're slipping. Just my opinion. There are things EA does much better than ESPN and vice versa.

Comment

http://sports.ign.com/articles/574/5...html?fromint=1

IGN is annoying, but I'm too lazy to look it up elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X