Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy King did nothing in the offseason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy King did nothing in the offseason...

...and now he gets what he deserves.

He'll be fired in a month.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

He's within 1/2 a game of leading the division!!!

I am so disenchanted with the NBA right now because of the stupid Atlantic.

Comment

And Shavlik Randolph broke his ankle. If a tree falls in the woods.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Broke and dislocated ankle. Ouch.

Though it does remind me of when Jason Kendall was playing with the pirates and had a sick injury like that. Maxim ran a picture of it with the caption "Look, there's a hole in my sock!"

(it was his ankle bone sticking out)

Comment

BP - I said the same thing. Ed Snider, although he says he wants to win, may be one of the worst owners in sports. He had two mediocre teams this off-season. Neither team:

a) added any significant players or made any significant moves

b) made a coaching move to shake things up

c) kept both GMs in place to start the season.

The Flyers and Sixers are delivering the same results. I've used this line before but Einstein once defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Ed Snider is insane.

Chris Webber is going to get us something of decent value at the trade deadline because of his expiring contract. Wait until February to trade him and hopefully get back a couple of underachieving but serviceable bench players of equal salary levels who probably have more than 1 year left on their deal AND DRAFT PICKS.

Secondly, trade Iverson NOW. Take a haircut deal too. The key again is TO GET DRAFT PICKS. If you get a #1 for Iverson and we'll have our own and by trading Iverson, you'll have a top of the lottery pick, then you can rebuild.

Thirdly, fire Billy King before making ANY of these moves. He'll screw it up otherwise.

Imagine if you could trade Iverson to a potential lottery team and have two lottery picks in what is considered a deep draft? I'd much rather watch lottery picks #1 & #2 alongside Andre Iguodala over the next few seasons and be entertained than languish in this situation.

Comment

Make fun of Shavlik Randolph all you want but he was giving us pretty good minutes. And watching the Sixers without Kyle Korver (!) as a perimeter threat was painful on Sat night.

Comment

Is Webber's contract expiring after THIS season or after NEXT season?

Comment

Sixers would have sucked no atter what they did this offseason...... they are sooo screwed by the cap and their mismanagement of it that very little that that team would have or could have done matters little.

The NBA cap is crap! The Sixers Cap managmemnt is crap. Thus the Sixers will be crap. Where is Joe Banner when you need him!!!!!!!

Comment

the biggest reason this team sucks is one samuel dalambert. he is the most braindead athlete i have ever witnessed. he will never improve, never.

with that said, billy king does need to be fired for giving out contracts like dalambert's and willie green.

there is not a chance in hell that webber gets traded this season as he is on the books for one more season. actually, i think it's a player option, but he'd be a fool not to take the option next season.

trading iverson is the best bet for the future. but there is one kicker in getting draft picks -- the sixers have traded their 1st rounder away for next year. it goes to atlanta for the, gulp, glenn robinson trade. it's protected, but i'm not sure what the protection is. either way, the more draft picks, the better. this team is not going anywhere anytime soon, so trading iverson is the only option for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jmuCJ
                    Is Webber's contract expiring after THIS season or after NEXT season?
                    damn! You are right - he's a free agent in '08

Comment

Chris Webber makes $20 million a year until like 2041.

I miss Brian Skinner.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                        Chris Webber makes $20 million a year until like 2041.

I miss Brian Skinner.
                        and Kenny Thomas!

Comment

Working...
                        X