Do you trade the Number 2 pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you trade the Number 2 pick?

If it keeps you in the top 5 and you get rid of either Brand or Iggy's contract, do you do it?

Definitely Brand. If Iggy is included, I'd imagine you are getting something decent in return since you are trading one of your top players plus moving down. So on the Iggy front I'd say "it depends". Don't we have to take back a comparable salary on either of these guys in the deal?

Comment

I think it's okay if the other team is under the cap or has a trade exception. If both teams are over the cap and no trade exception is present I believe the salaries need to be within 10%. But the NBA cap system has no logic to it.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
        I think it's okay if the other team is under the cap or has a trade exception. If both teams are over the cap and no trade exception is present I believe the salaries need to be within 10%. But the NBA cap system has no logic to it.
        I don't think that many teams have a ton of cap wiggle room except those posturing for LeBron, etc. To stay in the top 5, I would think it would have to be the Nets and do they really want to trade up 1 spot?

Comment

not a big NBA guy but I think you do if there is a guy you think you can go get to help. for instance, you think you can sign Bosh or a combination of guys that can help because you could still get a kid like favors, cousins or a gifted big man.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

The three prospects after Wall and Turner are risky. Keep the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              not a big NBA guy but I think you do if there is a guy you think you can go get to help. for instance, you think you can sign Bosh or a combination of guys that can help because you could still get a kid like favors, cousins or a gifted big man.
              If they can go after anyone this offseason, I want it to be Ray Allen

Comment

Haven't the Sixers had some bad recent luck with the #2 pick. Keith Van Horn and Tim Thomas were both #2 right.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Yeah but before Iverson you coulda said the Sixers can't pick #1 (Bradley.)

Comment

Working...
                  X