No announcement yet.

Which scenario would you rather see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAZ you're plan might work if we had great covering LB's -- we don't.. so now we put weak covering LB's out there with weak CB's and a solid pro in Farve and our D would be on the field all night.

Sorry, but as EB said I think, you need to mix it up and try to keep Farve off balance.

As for the original point--you have to win the game-- so everybody that CAN help the team plays-- if they can't help they sit. Then IF you can get a big lead you sit some of the dinged up guys.

And EB, just for the record, the O HAS been scoring some points (80 in 3 games), and IMO they aren't going to change their style much unless GB decides to take away the pass. So the D needs to get itself off the field and stop allowing drives due to kicking guys in the nuts and hitting the passer late (especially one as protected as GOD) and getting into any other position that cause them to extend GB drives for them.

just my

Comment

MD, that's fine, but what I don't want to see, especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters, is the offense demonstrating an inability to get first downs, especially via the pass, because it puts additional stress on a defense that can't afford it right now. Yes, they have been scoring points, and they have looked pretty good. But, their inability to covert first downs cost us dearly in the Giants game, and we just can't afford to rely on a banged up defense to get itself off the field after we pass three times, fail to get a first down, and punt.

Comment

Re: Which scenario would you rather see?

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
        1. Birds rest Westbrook, Dawkins, Hood, Sheppard, Stallworth and any other ailing players, then eke out an unimpressive 20-17 win against GB but are totally healthy going into the Dallas game.

2. Birds play everyone and take their chances that no one aggravates their injuries and smoke the Pack 34-13 and go into the Dallas game clicking on all cylinders.

Option #1 Boy if that's not a "trap game" mentality what is?

Option # 2 assuming we can smoke the pack, we should, we have already lost 1 game that we shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
          MD, that's fine, but what I don't want to see, especially in the 3rd and 4th quarters, is the offense demonstrating an inability to get first downs, especially via the pass, because it puts additional stress on a defense that can't afford it right now. Yes, they have been scoring points, and they have looked pretty good. But, their inability to covert first downs cost us dearly in the Giants game, and we just can't afford to rely on a banged up defense to get itself off the field after we pass three times, fail to get a first down, and punt.
          Well if the D keeps giving the ball to the O and they can't move, I agree-- but if they can't get off the field, it's on them IMO and not the O.

In the Frisco game they only gave the ball to the O 2 times in the entire 3rd qtr, thats on the D not the O.

Comment

Working...
          X