Enemy report- Skins lose 2 big names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy report- Skins lose 2 big names

We can use all the help that we can get.

Redskins already rule out Ryan Kerrigan, Derrius Guice for Week 15
    Dec
    12/9/2019 3:01:03 PM

Washington Redskins interim head coach Bill Callahan has already ruled out both linebacker Ryan Kerrigan and running back Derrius Guice for the team's Week 15 matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles according to JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington.

Kerrigan suffered a calf injury in the first half of Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers and did not return to action. The longtime anchor of the Redskins' front seven had not missed a game in his nine-year NFL career until Week 13, when he was in the concussion protocol. Given Washington's dismal 2019 season, it would not be a surprise to see the Redskins shut their star defender down for the season. The 31-year-old Kerrigan is signed through the 2020 season.

Guice is believes to have suffered an MCL sprain on Sunday and was immediately ruled out for the game. With only three games remaining, this injury could very well put an end to Guice's season. The 2018 second-rounder has shown flashes when healthy (5.8 yards per carry this year) but he has rarely been healthy in his first two years in the league. The Redskins will likely finish the season with veteran Adrian Peterson getting most of the early down work and Chris Thompson operating in his usual third-down role.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Glad to see Kerrigan out. He always seems to have a big day against the Birds.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Glad to see Kerrigan out. He always seems to have a big day against the Birds.
      Big V vs Kerrigan =Bambi vs Godzilla
      Last edited by Eagle60; 12-11-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I am waiting to see who is going to get called up from the PS to play wide receiver. Why has this not yet happened ? Aggy (as bad as he is) is still not practicing.

And what the hell is up with Howard ? He practices, but is limited and questionable every week. He is been questionable and then out for the last 3 games. I hate these injury teasers every week. Doug, please stop given us false hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I am waiting to see who is going to get called up from the PS to play wide receiver. Why has this not yet happened ? Aggy (as bad as he is) is still not practicing.

And what the hell is up with Howard ? He practices, but is limited and questionable every week. He is been questionable and then out for the last 3 games. I hate these injury teasers every week. Doug, please stop given us false hope.
          i'd rather see Boston play myself.

Comment

Yes. I like Boston also 60. But Howard just drags people. He is best wearing down a D late in the game.

If we had Howard against the Fins weak run defense, I think we keep the ball in the 2nd half instead of letting Fitz wear down our D.

Plus, we may need Scott to fill a receiver role as it stands.

Comment

I just like Scot to get more PT Pliny. I don't care if he takes away snaps from Sanders and Howard. Scot was a willing blocker on Monday too but looks like he could get overpowered at times. One way or another he's got to get the ball more and I imagine he will this week again. I want to see that speed again and see if we can get a repeat performance.
              Last edited by Eagle60; 12-12-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I'm with you Pliny. I like Scott but Howard provides the power. Let Ajayi go and keep Scott, Sanders, and Howard. Scott can KR and maybe PR but I don't know if he has that in him. Give him some a few plays, esp in space
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Evens things out a little for both teams. Considering the Eagles will play without their starting RB, three starting WR and Starting RT.

Going to be a real interesting game. The Redskins have time to game plan around what we did at the end. Going to see if Ward, Perkins, JJaw and Scott are for real. If so it may be the best thing to come out of this season so far.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Losing Kerrigan is a big blow for them.

One thing that helps us in this matchup I think is there best defensive player is the Allen kid at DT and Brooks is our best OL.

I think we probably win. There is no homefield advantage down there. If anything, more Birds fans will be there.

this is one of those rare times where I will NOT be watching. I am going to the Chiefs game with a friend and his son for the kids 8th birthday.

I'll be on the game thread some though so keep me updated.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Howard-Sanders-Scott and use two of them on the field at the same time. We'll need Scott and Sanders to spread the field

just cut Ajayi. He adds nothing

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                        Howard-Sanders-Scott and use two of them on the field at the same time. We'll need Scott and Sanders to spread the field

just cut Ajayi. He adds nothing
                        Howard has to get healthy. I did notice they used Sanders and Scott a few times together in the 4th quarter on Monday night. I think we should do even more of that. I can see mis direction screens coming out of that.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Kerrigan has always done well against the Eagles. I am not sad he won't play.

Comment

So no Howard again this week. I advocate playing Peters at RT and letting Dillard play LT. Big V can stay as the swing guy! No Kerrigan makes it better but I can see Adrian Peterson running all over them again. I just want to see the younger guys play while Lane, Nelson, Barnette and maybe Howard get healthy enough for Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                              So no Howard again this week. I advocate playing Peters at RT and letting Dillard play LT. Big V can stay as the swing guy! No Kerrigan makes it better but I can see Adrian Peterson running all over them again. I just want to see the younger guys play while Lane, Nelson, Barnette and maybe Howard get healthy enough for Dallas.
                              I am starting to think that Howard won't play any more this regular season. For the last month he has practiced "limited" but is never cleared for contact. I hate this week to week crap.

If we don't win the next 2 games, there won't be any reason for Howard to come back (Lane and Barnett also).

Comment

Working...
                              X