No announcement yet.

(ot) The Beautiful Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh neglects to mention the time a ball hit him in the lower back and ended his career.... in the cigar club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      Even 40 years ago it didn't happen very much either WC, unless the coach was just a stupid SOB. And maybe a little rotten too.
      I know what you mean, but I think one of the biggest changes is that the players are not going back out. I got a concussion in a college lacrosse game, didn't want to get checked, I wanted to get back out there. I don't believe that if that happened now I would have been allowed back on the field without getting checked.

One thing's for certain, if a coach does let a player with concussion symptoms back on the field, and the kid gets hurt, that coach is history- regardless of the coaches record.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        Fresh neglects to mention the time a ball hit him in the lower back and ended his career.... in the cigar club.
        You are sadly mistaken, Vinnie. It was the forehead and it caused a concussion. SHeesh!!!!!!! Fortunately, I avoided any ball-on-chin disasters.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I tell you fresh, the cigar club invitation thread has provided me more laughs and mileage than any of us dreamed.

the original: http://philly.sportscolumn.com/showthread.php?t=5008

LOL!,,Thanks for bringing that back, Vin. This response by you was hysterical:

"It could be worse than an ass violation......

it could be AMWAY."
          Last edited by FRESH; 07-06-2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Amazing that Brazil's defense failed to show throughout this ass raping. Germany could have easily scored in double digits if they hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

I was pulling for Germany because I thought the Brazilian team was a little too full of itself but it wasn't pleasant seeing them and their fans humiliated in their own country.

Moral: Never again should Brazil, which is famous for having players known by a single name, have a principle defender known only as "Fred".
            Last edited by tinopuno; 07-08-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I tell you fresh, the cigar club invitation thread has provided me more laughs and mileage than any of us dreamed.

the original: http://philly.sportscolumn.com/showthread.php?t=5008

LOL!,,Thanks for bringing that back, Vin. This response by you was hysterical:

"It could be worse than an ass violation......

it could be AMWAY."
              My Ass, for one

Comment

• Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                Amazing that Brazil's defense failed to show throughout this ass raping. Germany could have easily scored in double digits if they hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

I was pulling for Germany because I thought the Brazilian team was a little too full of itself but it wasn't pleasant seeing them and their fans humiliated in their own country.

Moral: Never again should Brazil, which is famous for having players known by a single name, have a principle defender known only as "Fred".
                That was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like that in my life. It's like Canada losing 7-1 in hockey, Alabama losing 44-3 in football.....just a pasting.

Gotta love the Brits on ESPN showing all the Germany goals to the Benny Hill music.

Comment

• somehow fresh is a moderator and doesn't know the difference between editing a post and quoting it. hahahah

Comment

Amazing that Brazil's defense failed to show throughout this ass raping. Germany could have easily scored in double digits if they hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

How dare you make fun of my boy Fred. Union!

Comment

somehow fresh is a moderator and doesn't know the difference between editing a post and quoting it. hahahah

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Netherlands vs Argentina. Chickenshit soccer! ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The result of both teams playing not to lose. I was pulling for the Dutch but they didn't deserve to win. But then again, Argentina really didn't either. I don't know if the 'purists' enjoy a game like that but I don't believe most average soccer fans (like me) do.

And it wasn't because it was a 0-0. The 0-0 tie that Mexico/Brazil played to in the 1st stage was about as exciting as it gets because repeated offensive thrusts were attempted and turned back by great goal tending and remarkable defensive plays.

This was just dull!

I hope Germany kicks Argentina's ass.

Comment

Netherlands vs Argentina. Chickenshit soccer! ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The result of both teams playing not to lose. I was pulling for the Dutch but they didn't deserve to win. But then again, Argentina really didn't either. I don't know if the 'purists' enjoy a game like that but I don't believe most average soccer fans (like me) do.

And it wasn't because it was a 0-0. The 0-0 tie that Mexico/Brazil played to in the 1st stage was about as exciting as it gets because repeated offensive thrusts were attempted and turned back by great goal tending and remarkable defensive plays.

This was just dull!

I hope Germany kicks Argentina's ass.
                          Ditto. Anyone viewing this as their first soccer game would be totally turned off to the sport.
                          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                          X