Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Soccer Sucks!

It must have been invented in Dallas! and by the way, you're right - it does suck!!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I used to think that soccer sucked. I've started to appreciate aspects of it to the point where it is above baseball in my eyes. The flopping is insane but its a product of the refs calling what they don't see. Only one ref and a huge field. Compare that to a football game. Could soccer benefit from another ref on the field? Probably.

As stated above, the NBA (most notably Miami) thoroughly embarrased themselves during the playoffs this year. I would rather watch a Barclay's premier league game than a NBA regular season game. To me the NBA is broken (flopping, star salaries, the structure of their salary cap where crappy expiring contracts have value, lack of defense, lack of basic skills (e.g. FTs) all make me tune out that league.

Comment

Can't watch soccer and barely watch baseball anymore. Basketball is a joke. I like Flyers hockey, but the refs have turned hockey into a dive fest as well. Football American style is about the only sport I can watch for more than a half hour
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't know why they simply don't just have more refs in every sport, especially soccer. It's not like you'll clog up the field... excuse me the pitch.

Comment

I've tried to get into Soccer, but it bores me to tears. It's just a boring damned sport to watch, I'm sorry. The world cup doesn't change that for me. The only thing that interests me about the world cup is the scantily clad female fans. Other than that, it's a total snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              I've tried to get into Soccer, but it bores me to tears. It's just a boring damned sport to watch, I'm sorry. The world cup doesn't change that for me. The only thing that interests me about the world cup is the scantily clad female fans. Other than that, it's a total snooze fest.

I know this won't change your mind about soccer but it's the runs that are exciting and the fact that every goal is so valuable. If you want lots of goals, it's not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                I know this won't change your mind about soccer but it's the runs that are exciting and the fact that every goal is so valuable. If you want lots of goals, it's not gonna happen.
                Yea, I understand all that. More goals wouldn't help. It's just a boring sport to me. I'm not going to trash anyone for enjoying it, but I just can't get into it.

Comment

I think many "say" they enjoy it because they feel the pressure of it being the "World Sport".

It's not what America wants in it's sports--- and the last 50 + years of it being pushed upon us ---- is still failing to create it as a major sport in the USA.

Back in the fifties and sixties they were gonna cure cancer and heart disease and oh yeah make Soccer a big time American sport.

It's boring by American standards (Thats why it has never caught on here) and yes despite the negative claims Baseball is still 400 times more made for American tastes then Futbol is.

Comment

It was on in the bar I went to lastnight for wings and I saw Croatia score and 2 guys dry humped to celebrate, sorry, not interested. In the same game a player got elbowed in the back, although cheap, it wasn't lethal like the guy made it out to be. Christ he dropped like he was nailed with one of those huge hammers the Vikings used.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

No, MD, Jai Alai was going to be the next big sport. LOL!

I started a business relationship with the Orlando Lions yesterday, so expect that my interest in the MLS is going to grow!
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Like classical music, blue cheese dressing, and single-malt scotch, soccer is an acquired taste - particularly for people like me who never played the sport. But, its popularity in the US is growing - probably due to our exposure to the World Cup and our changing demographic profile.
                        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          No, MD, Jai Alai was going to be the next big sport. LOL!

I started a business relationship with the Orlando Lions yesterday, so expect that my interest in the MLS is going to grow!
                          Wow. I'll bet that attendance will gro to double figures!
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hey..........
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                              Hey..........
                              I'm not kidding Fresh. You can realistically expect crowds in excess of 30 people!!
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                                I'm not kidding Fresh. You can realistically expect crowds in excess of 30 people!!

Vegas would disagree.
                                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X