Question for everyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    He's a gamer taz. Tough kid. Pull for him.
    No he'd rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick!
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

He's a gamer taz. Tough kid. Pull for him.
      Gamer? Nick Foles was a gamer, Sam Bradford is a medical reject. Funny thing is I would have been ok with the deal if it was Foles for Bradford. I would have said well if this is Chips guy so be it. Both teams have risk in that, right now all the risk is on the Eagles, you simply do not make deals like that, they never work out.

When St. Louis is picking number 33 in 2016 we will see just how much everyone loves this move.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

If they have the "gamer" Nick Foles how can they finish that bad??

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          Gamer? Nick Foles was a gamer, Sam Bradford is a medical reject. Funny thing is I would have been ok with the deal if it was Foles for Bradford. I would have said well if this is Chips guy so be it. Both teams have risk in that, right now all the risk is on the Eagles, you simply do not make deals like that, they never work out.

When St. Louis is picking number 33 in 2016 we will see just how much everyone loves this move.
          I liked Nick too. He's a real hardnosed kid. I share your concern about Sam's injuries. But there's no way that I ever considered him a bum. Nick was pretty bad last year. He wasn't "the answer". If Bradford can stay healthy (a huge IF) he's got a chance. If not, we'll be picking early and maybe drafting the right guy. Listen taz, I'm the one running out of bullets here (64). Try to rally yourself. You know me by now. I'll be the first guy to call him out if he shits the bed.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I liked Nick too. He's a real hardnosed kid. I share your concern about Sam's injuries. But there's no way that I ever considered him a bum. Nick was pretty bad last year. He wasn't "the answer". If Bradford can stay healthy (a huge IF) he's got a chance. If not, we'll be picking early and maybe drafting the right guy. Listen taz, I'm the one running out of bullets here (64). Try to rally yourself. You know me by now. I'll be the first guy to call him out if he shits the bed.
            I hear ya we are all running out of bullets. I just have a hard time blindly following what the leaders of our sports teams spew out. Its not that I think I know more than them, its more moves like this never work out. There is a better chance that Sam Bradford doesn't play a game this year than Sam Bradford winning a playoff game. That is a fact. Its very rare that a player comes back from not playing for two seasons.

At the end of the day I bleed Eagle green. If Sam Bradford ever steps on the field and is healthy I will certainly not boo him. I might bitch and complain about him. But its not his fault that our dumb ass coach traded for him.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              I hear ya we are all running out of bullets. I just have a hard time blindly following what the leaders of our sports teams spew out. Its not that I think I know more than them, its more moves like this never work out. There is a better chance that Sam Bradford doesn't play a game this year than Sam Bradford winning a playoff game. That is a fact. Its very rare that a player comes back from not playing for two seasons.

At the end of the day I bleed Eagle green. If Sam Bradford ever steps on the field and is healthy I will certainly not boo him. I might bitch and complain about him. But its not his fault that our dumb ass coach traded for him.
              That's better taz! And you're right about him maybe not even playing. But if he does he'll be in a similar offense that he was in at Oklahoma where he thrived. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. I still think the Chipster knows what he's doing.

Comment

That's better taz! And you're right about him maybe not even playing. But if he does he'll be in a similar offense that he was in at Oklahoma where he thrived. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. I still think the Chipster knows what he's doing.
                I really hope you're right!

Comment

My man Popper is in the tank for Chip. Age might have something to do with that, LOL!

We all want the same thing. Dammit, that's why we are here, right? Ultimately, we have to just sit back, hope, and if it suits you...pray. Lord knows the approaches that our team has taken in the past haven't gotten it done!
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I was going to be ok with Nick as the starter. Altho he scared me a little last year because he just wasn't very good. Then he got hurt. And Sanchez was ok against run of the mill middle of the pack teams, but not good at all against the better ones. He started out ok, then faded fast. But I was willing to give Nick another chance, thought that was a done deal, then everything hit. I don't know what to think now, this Sam Bradford, its going to be hard to watch him every play thinking every time he's knocked down and getting up that he's fvcked up his knee or something again. I'll be a nervous wreck. I am not big on change and all this change is gonna be hard to digest.

Comment

Even if all goes well on the health front, it's gonna take a while to get folks on the same page
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                        My man Popper is in the tank for Chip. Age might have something to do with that, LOL!
                        We all want the same thing. Dammit, that's why we are here, right? Ultimately, we have to just sit back, hope, and if it suits you...pray. Lord knows the approaches that our team has taken in the past haven't gotten it done!
                        LOL! More like the bourbon that's passed over these lips the past 45 years or so! But seriously Fresh, I gave you the book on Chip this past summer and I hope you read it. This guy plans everything, does everything for a purpose. There's no wasted time in his life. He's not the kind of guy who throws shit at the wall and hopes it sticks like what is being portrayed here.

Comment

60, I thought the book was cool and I appreciate that. You are right, he plans things out and does everything with a purpose. But I also see where he has a certain amount of arrogance, trying to be the smartest guy in the room. He has put a target on himself, and so he has to show that his way will actually succeed.

I found his out-of-the-box thinking, and methods fascinating. And when it comes to his sports science, sleep stuff, smoothies, training methods, I was really digging it. But, his personnel decisions...........I don't know that he is ready to be coach AND GM yet. However, I am going to try to just set back and have some"blind" faith.
                          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                            60, I thought the book was cool and I appreciate that. You are right, he plans things out and does everything with a purpose. But I also see where he has a certain amount of arrogance, trying to be the smartest guy in the room. He has put a target on himself, and so he has to show that his way will actually succeed.

I found his out-of-the-box thinking, and methods fascinating. And when it comes to his sports science, sleep stuff, smoothies, training methods, I was really digging it. But, his personnel decisions...........I don't know that he is ready to be coach AND GM yet. However, I am going to try to just set back and have some"blind" faith.
                            Hey, it's not like we have a choice right?
                            Anyway, can you think of a great coach who isn't arrogant?

Comment

Hey, it's not like we have a choice right?
                              Anyway, can you think of a great coach who isn't arrogant?
                              Dick Vermeil

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                                Dick Vermeil
                                OK, I'll give you that one. But it took you a couple of hours to come up with one!

Comment

Working...
                                X