Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38 min. !!
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
      38 min. !!
      On a message board that's an eternity!!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Just adding fodder--- Why couldn't Foles have had a 2013 year Foles rather than the 2014 year?

IMO, we are now paying 13 million for a risk when we also could have had a risk at a million(or whatever Foles gets paid)

Look I hope Bradford works out, i really do, I'll be rooting for him. But the fact is it is a giant risk. And we are going on upside here not actual on field accomplishment. He had a good year, but was no better than average anytime he was on the field after that. Yes Yes, I know the O he was around, all I'm saying is that the pro traders are going on as much hope as the Foles could work out camp was.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Just adding fodder--- Why couldn't Foles have had a 2013 year Foles rather than the 2014 year?

IMO, we are now paying 13 million for a risk when we also could have had a risk at a million(or whatever Foles gets paid)

Look I hope Bradford works out, i really do, I'll be rooting for him. But the fact is it is a giant risk. And we are going on upside here not actual on field accomplishment. He had a good year, but was no better than average anytime he was on the field after that. Yes Yes, I know the O he was around, all I'm saying is that the pro traders are going on as much hope as the Foles could work out camp was.
          I suppose he could have, but the coach and off. coordinator thinks that Bradford is a better fit and a better talent for his offense. Foles looked nothing like his 2013 season last yr. he was downright horrible he really regressed. IMO I don't think Chip was in love with him when he got here but the great yr. he had in '13 automatically got him the chance to be the man in '14. There were no FA qb's worth a shit and you'd have to give up the farm to get into the top of the draft. This cost a 4th rd. pick this yr. and if he gets hurt the '15 2nd rd. pick comes back to the birds. If not what are a 2nd and 4th rd. pick for a starting qb.?

Comment

Plus 13 million.... and all I'm saying is that Foles the real Foles could be the 13 Foles Just as easily as Bradford could be the No1 pick Bradford of 2010.

All I'm saying is that it's risky, and nobody(IMHO) should be saying we got the better end of that trade and we are set at QB.

Personally, IF MM is this perfect fit--- then I wouldn't be opposed to going all in. Chip sez he is opposed, but I think I would rather have the "perfect potential" guy then "my fingers crossed" guy.

And it all means zippo --- we don't know how good Sam will or won't be, we didn't know how good Foles would be and we don't know how good MM is going to be---- and we don't know if any of the three will stay healthy....... it's a crap shoot. And that's why I am uncomfortable, if I'm gonna go risky, I think I would make the move to get MM.

Comment

I wouldn't give up all those picks to get him. The only people that said he was the perfect fit was the media. Why is everyone still parroting it?? Chip said he's the best qb in the draft but that might not be saying much and is he really going to say anything different about his qb at ORE?? If he's comparing him to Winston who I think is dumb as a box of rocks and never impressed me, what's that say? Weak qb class! They need to draft and develop a couple young O linemen a WR if they don't get one in FA a Safety maybe another CB. You can't do any of that if you've traded away all their picks. I've never been a fan of what the Redskins, Saints and Vikings have done in the past, that NEVER works out for the team moving up!
              Last edited by Zepster; 03-12-2015, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Here's an interesting take on Bradford and why he's just a better talent and fit here than Foles. Not saying it's going to work out that way just what the tape says on the schemes and accuracy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...kellys-offense

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  5 seasons, 2 ACL tears and a shoulder injury since. 58pct career completion percentage, 1 to 1 turnover (Fumbles and INT) to Interceptions over his career. Should I continue. 1 season a career does not make. I would have rather Chippy traded for Ryan Fitzpaterick than this bum.
                  Bradford was well on his way to franchise QB status as a rookie. He got derailed by injuries, not because he's a bum, or he sucks. He was playing behind a terrible O-line. If memory serves me, he got sacked 120some times in a season! And, this is a guy that can get the ball out quick. He has a load of talent. If you're going to make a move like this, I would certainly prefer to go after someone with exceptional talent.

Ryan Fitzpatrick??? Seriously Taz??? You just lost a bit of credibility with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                    Here's an interesting take on Bradford and why he's just a better talent and fit here than Foles. Not saying it's going to work out that way just what the tape says on the schemes and accuracy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...kellys-offense
                    That's all B.S. The guy is a bum, and we should have signed Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Comment

Plus 13 million.... and all I'm saying is that Foles the real Foles could be the 13 Foles Just as easily as Bradford could be the No1 pick Bradford of 2010.

All I'm saying is that it's risky, and nobody(IMHO) should be saying we got the better end of that trade and we are set at QB.

Personally, IF MM is this perfect fit--- then I wouldn't be opposed to going all in. Chip sez he is opposed, but I think I would rather have the "perfect potential" guy then "my fingers crossed" guy.

And it all means zippo --- we don't know how good Sam will or won't be, we didn't know how good Foles would be and we don't know how good MM is going to be---- and we don't know if any of the three will stay healthy....... it's a crap shoot. And that's why I am uncomfortable, if I'm gonna go risky, I think I would make the move to get MM.
                      But, you can't draft the players to continue to build a defense, or help the O-line. You know, Mark Sanchez led a team with an elite defense to the conference championship game.

Comment

Hey, my first reaction was just like most people's. WTF????. But the more that I think about it, the more sense it makes. I watched Chip's PC. There was no Bullshit there-just facts. They would have zero shot at getting Sam if he didn't get hurt. The position takes a beating. And I'm sure Cleveland called to try to get him. There's no need to make any of that stuff up because Chip couldn't care less if people agree with him or not. None of the great coaches do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          But, you can't draft the players to continue to build a defense, or help the O-line. You know, Mark Sanchez led a team with an elite defense to the conference championship game.
                          All I'm saying is that IF I'm gonna take a high risk---- as we are doing IMHO--- I would rather put my marbles on MM. Chip sez he is the best QB in the draft. We all know just how important the QB is in Chip's system, and yes everyone, media as well as football insiders, note that MM is the perfect fit for the O, and it also is expressed by Chip's own use of him at Oregon.------ IMO, one you get your "perfect " qb then you build around him on both O and D.

You have already improved the D, we all seem to acknowledge that... and you still have the draft.

All I'm saying is that IF I'm gonna take this big risk--- I'd rather have the best reward as my goal.

Comment

All I'm saying is that IF I'm gonna take a high risk---- as we are doing IMHO--- I would rather put my marbles on MM. Chip sez he is the best QB in the draft. We all know just how important the QB is in Chip's system, and yes everyone, media as well as football insiders, note that MM is the perfect fit for the O, and it also is expressed by Chip's own use of him at Oregon.------ IMO, one you get your "perfect " qb then you build around him on both O and D.

You have already improved the D, we all seem to acknowledge that... and you still have the draft.

All I'm saying is that IF I'm gonna take this big risk--- I'd rather have the best reward as my goal.
                            I wonder if he was worth it? Three #1s at least. If MM bombs out in Tennessee we'll probably end up with him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              I wonder if he was worth it? Three #1s at least. If MM bombs out in Tennessee we'll probably end up with him anyway.
                              Not sure of the price to go from say 20 to 4, 3 #1's sounds a bit steep to me. But all I can see is the risk vs reward pitch, and I come down on the bigger reward side.

Comment

Not sure of the price to go from say 20 to 4, 3 #1's sounds a bit steep to me. But all I can see is the risk vs reward pitch, and I come down on the bigger reward side.
                                I think we all would have been onboard if they went that route. But I do like what's going on right now. I hope that I still feel that way next February if I'm still around.

Comment

Working...
                                X