No announcement yet.

Rowe traded to the Pats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how you can pick so many duds but he did.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Rowe is gonna be a player in NE. Just watch
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
        Rowe is gonna be a player in NE. Just watch
        I'll say what some are afraid to say here. I can't help but think that this is another Howie purge of one of Chip's guys. I'm not liking this trade one bit. Rowe felt like he was making good progress. He showed too much last year to just give up on him. I smell a rat.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Gotta agree. While i have been largely in agreement with most of Howies moves and signings, there are a couple that kinda stink. This is one of them.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I just read that the OL they got in this deal may not even make it to Philly. Said Howie is looking to trade him.

Comment

Les Bowen now tweeting that Kline is no longer part of the deal at all.

So maybe the leaks changed things... presumably the third team that Howie had lined up from the sounds of it. But we don't know what we are getting for Rowe.

I'm disappointed that he didn't work out nor got a chance at safety, but we are set at safety the next 2-3 years and if the new coaches didn't like him at CB, then it may be time to move on.

If we're getting a decent return -- and a 4th or better pick is a decent return -- then he's not a busted pick. Just a casualty of a new regime.

Comment

Showing what a non-factor Kline was to any deal, now that he's not part of the Rowe trade, the rumor is that the Patriots are likely going to simply cut him. No one seems to have any idea what the trade for Rowe actually is at this point. I assume Rowe actually has been traded, but there's obviously still some details being worked out behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                  Les Bowen now tweeting that Kline is no longer part of the deal at all.

So maybe the leaks changed things... presumably the third team that Howie had lined up from the sounds of it. But we don't know what we are getting for Rowe.

I'm disappointed that he didn't work out nor got a chance at safety, but we are set at safety the next 2-3 years and if the new coaches didn't like him at CB, then it may be time to move on.

If we're getting a decent return -- and a 4th or better pick is a decent return -- then he's not a busted pick. Just a casualty of a new regime.

That pick isn't until 2018 FO so really they got a sixth rounder for him. That's not much of a return for a 2nd round pick. I suppose that's better than nothing if they were going to cut him. I think that spells dumb trade more than bust.

Comment

Yeah, they are giving him away and giving up on him. Im not sure how to make that smell good. But......if you are not the one who drafted him, i guess that you dont care to much about those appearances.

Some want to claim that he just doesnt fit Jim Schhwartz' defense. To that, i say that puts him already a peg below Jim Johnson, who would have found a way to make use of his obvious skills. We will see what happens in New England.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I don't care for this trade either. I have a feeling NE just struck gold. Our luck, a couple of our safeties will....never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                        Showing what a non-factor Kline was to any deal, now that he's not part of the Rowe trade, the rumor is that the Patriots are likely going to simply cut him. No one seems to have any idea what the trade for Rowe actually is at this point. I assume Rowe actually has been traded, but there's obviously still some details being worked out behind the scenes.
                        Reported this morning that the Patriots just waived Kline. So as was initially noted, Kline was nothing more than a throw-in to this deal. Not sure what the story is to him being included and then not included, although there was some concerns that he had a shoulder injury. But if that was the case there would've been some sort of injury settlement, I think, but there wasn't. Just a straight waive.

Regardless, still no word on exactly what this trade is, but apparently it's close to being done.

Comment

Reported this morning that the Patriots just waived Kline. So as was initially noted, Kline was nothing more than a throw-in to this deal. Not sure what the story is to him being included and then not included, although there was some concerns that he had a shoulder injury. But if that was the case there would've been some sort of injury settlement, I think, but there wasn't. Just a straight waive.

Regardless, still no word on exactly what this trade is, but apparently it's close to being done.

Hopefully Howie realized he was getting screwed and canceled it.

Comment

And as soon as I posted above, it becomes official.

Rowe for a 4th round pick that is believed to be conditional based on performance that could make it a 3rd round pick.

That's really not too horrible if you think about it. If Rowe does nothing for the Patriots I think we can safely say he was a bust, in which case we should be glad we got even a 4th round pick for him. If he winds up being a productive player for them, that means the Eagles essentially turned a 2nd round pick into a 3rd round pick. A mistake, but not a crippling one.

Considering they clearly don't think he's any good, that's not a horrible return I suppose.

Comment

And as soon as I posted above, it becomes official.

Rowe for a 4th round pick that is believed to be conditional based on performance that could make it a 3rd round pick.

That's really not too horrible if you think about it. If Rowe does nothing for the Patriots I think we can safely say he was a bust, in which case we should be glad we got even a 4th round pick for him. If he winds up being a productive player for them, that means the Eagles essentially turned a 2nd round pick into a 3rd round pick. A mistake, but not a crippling one.

Considering they clearly don't think he's any good, that's not a horrible return I suppose.
                              Except the picks are for 2018 Chris so those picks move down a slot and if you count this year they move down 2.

Comment

Well, it sucks if that's all we get out of our 2015 2nd round pick. Fortunately our 1st round pick in '15 more than compensates us for the miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X