Irvin story from last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irvin story from last night

So they have ESPN setup at the southern end of the open air section of the Linc. I was told you could hear all the "A-hole" chants and Irvin baiting going on over the TV. It was extremely loud in person. Then Irvin goes down to the sideline and wears sunglasses during the first half that gets him all sorts of beratement.

Here's the security bonehead move of the evening. They do the halftime show with all these people yelling at Irvin and they make the decision to try and move Irvin through the crowd AT HALFTIME when the place is packed. I see a rumbling to my left, Irvin is being moved out in a hurry while an idiot Eagle fan is wrestling with 4 cops and his head is bloodied. The guy obviously took a shot at Irvin. They didn't have anywhere to move Irvin based on where he was, so he gets moved against a wall with a bunch of security around him. He can't go anywhere, the fans circle him, start taking pictures and he puts his glasses on.

Later - I see him talking to security. From my seats I could see him up on the ESPN platform and he is doing arm movements describing to security how the guy lashed out at him. It was a ridiculous scene and yet I watched it like a freakin' movie.
Working...
X