Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the season over if we lose to the Cowboys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the season over if we lose to the Cowboys?

I know, technically, it's not over. However, in such a tough division to start 0-2 at home against your two biggest rivals - do you feel that would be a death blow? I mean, yeah, we could squeak in the playoffs, but we wouldn't have any shot at the Super Bowl. How much of a MUST WIN game do you consider this? To me, it's an absolute must win, especially considering we have lost 7 straight NFC East games. A win will get the fans behind the team, a loss and the fans will be even more bitter than they were in the Giants loss. Do you think we survive if we lose this game?

I had this game pegged as a loss when I analyzed the schedule during the preseason; however I also had us winning vs the Giants. Loosing the game puts us in hole but not an insurmountable one.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Obviously the answer is NO. The season would not be over. If we limp into this game with all of the injuries we appear to have right now, and lose it, then I can see us turning it around if we can get healthy again. However, if we get pretty much veryone back, and get whipped inour house, then I can see the vultures circling.

We NEED to win this game. After going winless in the diision last year, it would do a lot for the mental state of this team. I think Dallas is seen as the biggest division threat. If we were to lose, how would you like going TO Dallas for the rematch, and how much do you like our chances?
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I want to add that I think this team has a tentative confidence right now. They THINK they can be a pretty good team. They THINK they can be a top team. Everybody is just looking for a little validation, and beating Dallas would go a long way towards that.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Given the nature of their injuries a L is very possible. But it looks like in this division they're going to feast on each other anyway. But Dallas has some warts.Tthey won a game they should have won this week. dalls running game won't scare anyone, they have kicking problems, and the Birds O will push their D . the Boys haven't played a good O team yet.
          Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

The answer is No.

Comment

Re: Is the season over if we lose to the Cowboys?

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
              I know, technically, it's not over. However, in such a tough division to start 0-2 at home against your two biggest rivals - do you feel that would be a death blow? I mean, yeah, we could squeak in the playoffs, but we wouldn't have any shot at the Super Bowl. How much of a MUST WIN game do you consider this? To me, it's an absolute must win, especially considering we have lost 7 straight NFC East games. A win will get the fans behind the team, a loss and the fans will be even more bitter than they were in the Giants loss. Do you think we survive if we lose this game?
              Remember Pittsburgh did not win their division last year

Comment

No, but it puts them in a serious hole, wastes energy to climb out.
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

This is a goofy question. The season is indeed a marathon, not a sprint. We can't win anything and we can' t lose anything next Sunday.

Comment

No. Lots of games left on the schedule, and a lot can happen. That includes the entire parity-driven NFC. I'm more concerned about their health.

But I will say that it'll derail Terrell's psyche if the Eagles win. He'd be tough to live with at Valley Ranch until the next Eagles-Dallas game........
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Every year it never fails. Fans in every town placing way too much importance on any single game early in the season.

Would it hurt? Sure it would. But so does every loss. But no single game is the end of the season in Week #5 if a loss means you're still 3-2 - I don't care who the loss was against.

Comment

Too bad we blew the Giants game. A win there would have removed a lot of pressure on this one.

0-2 in the division is not good. But, it is not a death sentence either.

Comment

For you history buffs.........1992, Monday night, Dallas vs. Philly, both teams 3-0, and we absolutely dismantled the Boys, 31-7. I remember Dan Deirdorf, before the game saying, " are the Eagles the best team in the NFL?" "If they win this game tonight, the answer is YES!!"
                          Well we all know what happened after that, we lost our next 2 games and were never the same, and Dallas rebounded and went on to beat us the next 2 times we played, one of those being a Divisonal playoff victory.......One game, win or lose, never means as much as you think it does ( unless ofcourse it's a playoff game, and the loser goes home). Win or lose Sunday, and we still face 10 pretty tough games on the schedule. A win would mean alot, but it wouldn't mean everything. We'd still need about 7 or 8 more wins to get into good playoff position.
                          A must win game only exists in a playoff setting, even if we win 85-0 Sunday, it's still only one win..........Look I want this one as much as any game on the schedule this season, but we still play the Saints next week.

Comment

Originally posted by pete liske
                            For you history buffs.........1992, Monday night, Dallas vs. Philly, both teams 3-0, and we absolutely dismantled the Boys, 31-7. I remember Dan Deirdorf, before the game saying, " are the Eagles the best team in the NFL?" "If they win this game tonight, the answer is YES!!"
                            Well we all know what happened after that, we lost our next 2 games and were never the same, and Dallas rebounded and went on to beat us the next 2 times we played, one of those being a Divisonal playoff victory.......One game, win or lose, never means as much as you think it does ( unless ofcourse it's a playoff game, and the loser goes home). Win or lose Sunday, and we still face 10 pretty tough games on the schedule. A win would mean alot, but it wouldn't mean everything. We'd still need about 7 or 8 more wins to get into good playoff position.
                            A must win game only exists in a playoff setting, even if we win 85-0 Sunday, it's still only one win..........Look I want this one as much as any game on the schedule this season, but we still play the Saints next week.
                            This is a message board. There's no room here for logic.

Comment

[quote=Green With Envy]
                              Originally posted by "pete liske":29321
                              This is a message board. There's no room here for logic. [/quote:29321]

history is not made by one game. If Dallas, NY, Wash and the Eagles are as evenly match as i think, then we're in for some great divisional games.
                              The Eagles can win against these teams on the road as easily as these teams can beat the Iggs at the LINC. I'll always remember that in the championship year of 1960, the Browns killed the Eagles at Franklin Field on opening day...the Eagles won a thriller in Cleveland later in the year on a Bobby Walston FG. We tend to much to make too much history from mere moments.
                              Sonny J

Comment

Working...
                              X