EFO CONTEST - Name the next Eagles head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
    Just a clarification: if you somehow manage to name two coaches as your picks, you're disqualified.
    Uhh...but what if the guy you chose decides to stay put? Do you get another choice?

Shaw Gets Extension From Stanford: http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012...w-staying-put/

Shaw has received a long-term contract extension, the school announced today.
    “I feel blessed to work every day with an outstanding staff and coach the best group of young men in America, and I am excited to lead the Stanford Football program for many years to come,” Shaw said in a statement, per the San Jose Mercury News.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      Uhh...but what if the guy you chose decides to stay put? Do you get another choice?

Shaw Gets Extension From Stanford: http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012...w-staying-put/
      hmmm... that might be up to rspurr.

Comment

Andy Reid. As I hide in darkness
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Know that this is about the HC, but how about Norv as OC? He appears to be resigned to his fate if this is to be believed...

Norv Talks About Being an OC again: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dinator-again/

Comment

no retreads!

The worse case scenario is a brash young HC who doesn't know how to be a HC (think Josh McDaniels) and a retread OC.

Although I will say that Wade Phillips is 100x better as a DC than a HC.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
              Know that this is about the HC, but how about Norv as OC? He appears to be resigned to his fate if this is to be believed...

Norv Talks About Being an OC again: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dinator-again/
              As big a flop as he is as a head coach, his his ability as an OC has always been awesome- it'd be a great move. Shady would have an epic year.

Comment

You can edit your pick right up until the deadline.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Tom Clements. GB QB Coach

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
                    Tom Clements. GB QB Coach

Is that the CFL QB, Tom Clements? He was very good QB in our league.

It worked for Lurie last time he hired their QB coach.
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                      Andy Reid. As I hide in darkness
                      just went back and deleted my first vote and I agree w/NoDak ,my gut says Andy is coming back. IMO Jeff doesn't want to go rebuild,keeping Andy allows him to reshape ,retool and come back quicker. I think we see Andy back with a complete staff overhaul.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I agree with you mm. Rest assured if this happens the fans would be out in front of the Nova-Care complex with pitchforks and torches I do think that Lurie would like to bring him back but doing so would be the most controversial and inflammatory thing he can do to the fans. I'm not sure that it's worth the aggravation and chaos that would ensue if he brings him back - as much as he may want too.

My gut says he's going to do that and start a fan revolt that will turn the hostility from Reid and place it on Lurie. People will be calling for him to sell the team and our very own sfphillyfan will be leading the way with an Eagles bandana and face painted green and silver as he rushes the Nova-Care and sets it ablaze using an eagles flag to light the pyre....
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I just can't see Reid coming back. If Lurie doesn't get rid of him, it's only because Reid resigns under the guise that he wants to spend time with family. He won't be back. I just can't fathom it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                            I agree with you mm. Rest assured if this happens the fans would be out in front of the Nova-Care complex with pitchforks and torches I do think that Lurie would like to bring him back but doing so would be the most controversial and inflammatory thing he can do to the fans. I'm not sure that it's worth the aggravation and chaos that would ensue if he brings him back - as much as he may want too.

My gut says he's going to do that and start a fan revolt that will turn the hostility from Reid and place it on Lurie. People will be calling for him to sell the team and our very own sfphillyfan will be leading the way with an Eagles bandana and face painted green and silver as he rushes the Nova-Care and sets it ablaze using an eagles flag to light the pyre....
                            "At the scene of the former NovaCare complex, there is now just a smoldering pile of ruins...."

Comment

Dammit mm, now I have to change because others are in my shadow and I hate my shadow being darfed by bigger people. And I am not wearing half a shirt no matter who is in the other half. My concern here is that my wife would like the other half better than my half.
                              So, I am going with Brian Billick as my Final Answer. Reality tells me that Andy won't be fired but he will resign immediately after the last game. He will stay on in some capacity and keep things in check until the new coach is hired. Billick has a good gig but coaching the Eagles is something he just can't resist.
                              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                              Hope is not a strategy
                              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                                Dammit mm, now I have to change because others are in my shadow and I hate my shadow being darfed by bigger people. And I am not wearing half a shirt no matter who is in the other half. My concern here is that my wife would like the other half better than my half.
                                So, I am going with Brian Billick as my Final Answer. Reality tells me that Andy won't be fired but he will resign immediately after the last game. He will stay on in some capacity and keep things in check until the new coach is hired. Billick has a good gig but coaching the Eagles is something he just can't resist.
                                Please no!!!!!
                                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X