Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline

Looks like another year with not a lot happening. If anyone, it looks like Byrd may go. I know there asking a lot for Hamels and I think that they should. Some of these contracts are just so bad and nobody wants any part of it. Stupid Amaro.

Hearing maybe Burnett to KC
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Of course I don't know who goes or stays. I just Hope both Cole and Cliff stay to be a stake for a very young pitching staff that we are probably going to have to go with.

Also I think with the new TV contract they are going to have to eat a bunch of salary in order to get competitive in the next 2 to 3 years.

Comment

I hope they keep Hamels,Burnett and Lee. The fucking hack making the deals needs to go. I don't want him trading those 3 and receiving his standard goose egg in return.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Ruben Amaro is a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
            Ruben Amaro is a turd.
            You know, you could rant and rave for paragraphs about what they should have done, could have done, or didn't do. But, you sir, summed it up in 5 words. Well done!

Comment

Ruin Tomorrow Jr. has to be one of the worst GM's in sports. I feel like we got the Matt Millen of MLB
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Is there any reason to watch the Phils for the rest of the year. They should be thankful as hell if anyone shows up to the games. I cold watch the Twins but they are the same team in different colors.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Tigers hit a HR by getting Price. Can you imagine having Annibal Sanchez as your #4 starter ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    Ruin Tomorrow Jr. has to be one of the worst GM's in sports. I feel like we got the Matt Millen of MLB
                    It's the lethal combination of equal parts arrogance, cluelessness, and clinging to a failed strategy that drives me crazy about this loser. He continues to talk about 'a plan' when clearly the only plan this loser has is to somehow hold on to the job for which he is so manifestly unqualified.

When asked why the Phils made no moves, this puke blamed other GMs for 'not being aggressive enough' in their pursuit of Phillies players. Why did no one in the media throw dog shit at him when he said that?

Amaro clearly is not going to do the honorable thing and kill himself (or at least resign), so vigilante justice must come into play. String this pathetic shit up for murdering our team!

Is that wrong?

Comment

QUOTE=tinopuno;250446]It's the lethal combination of equal parts arrogance, cluelessness, and clinging to a failed strategy that drives me crazy about this loser. He continues to talk about 'a plan' when clearly the only plan this loser has is to somehow hold on to the job for which he is so manifestly unqualified.

When asked why the Phils made no moves, this puke blamed other GMs for 'not being aggressive enough' in their pursuit of Phillies players. Why did no one in the media throw dog shit at him when he said that?

Amaro clearly is not going to do the honorable thing and kill himself (or at least resign), so vigilante justice must come into play. String this pathetic shit up for murdering our team!

Is that wrong?[/QUOTE]

Dear Rube,

I offer you this to ponder.

Comment

ThIS sign should be posted above every entrance to CBP.

The problems are not limited to Amaro.

"I think we have pretty good people doing these jobs. We saw, over a long period, pretty good success with this group of people. Obviously, Ruben is part of that group."
                        --Phillies president David Montgomery, a little over a month ago.

Amaro is being universally bashed by baseball 'experts' for over valuing his players and thus failing to move ANY aging Phils and their bloated contracts.

While the bleating sheep in the media are lemmings that are often wrong, in Amaro's case they got it right! I think it's 50/50 he keeps his job. Maybe Davey will finally get the message when 15,000 at a game will again be a 'good night'.

Comment

I don't think there's any way Montgomery cans him. You're right when you say the problem is deeper than just RAJ and that's the reason he will continue to hold the reins and drive this franchise over another cliff. Until the owners decide that they need to overhaul the entire franchise from top to bottom we will continue to have scouts who get it wrong far more often than they get it right, coaches who ruin young players before they ever see the majors and a front office that overvalues and believes their delusions are reality. An ownership change is what is needed. With the new TV contract pushing the value of the team and the Clippers deal likely to have a ripple effect on all major sports franchises we might just have the perfect storm to see new blood take over and clean house. Short of that, I pretty much have given up hope.
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                          X