Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 02-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
beagle
2011 Contributor
Veteran

beagle has disabled reputation
Default Nate Sudfeld

Where will the Eagles tender him?
First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal. The 2018 first-round tender level was $4.149 million (2019 levels have not yet been determined).
Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal. The 2018 second-round tender level was $2.914 million.
Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal. Sudfeld, a sixth-round draft pick by Washington, was signed to the Eaglesí practice squad in 2017 after being waived by the Redskins. The 2018 original-round tender offer was $1.907 million.
Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal. This tender was also worth $1.907 million in 2018.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
beagle
2011 Contributor
Veteran

beagle has disabled reputation

I think it will be a second round tender. It sounds like the Eagles value him pretty highly. It is a big advantage to have a #2 QB who is not starting from scratch in your system.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
rspurr
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler

rspurr has disabled reputation

The Eagles value the QB position and can't afford to start over with two back up QBs so I think they will place a 2nd round tender in him. Although it may be worth it for a team like the Giants, Washington or Miami to make an offer for him.
Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
rspurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:58 PM   #4
ThoughtProcess
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

ThoughtProcess has disabled reputation

IMO second rd tender sounds right. However, I wonder if it will be a first rd tender just to try to deter any offers
ThoughtProcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #5
rspurr
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler

rspurr has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
IMO second rd tender sounds right. However, I wonder if it will be a first rd tender just to try to deter any offers
So if we first round tender him, we'll have to pay him around 5 million. Is that right? Considering what we paid for Foles and Daniels, I would think that Sudfeld would be worth it.
Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
rspurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

My guess would be second round however, I also won't be surprised to see first round tender. If you are not a top ten team in the draft and in dire need of QB is he better than what you can draft or what is available in the way of vet FAs. They used to have these poison pill offers that put teams in a position where the original team wouldn't be able to match. Not sure if that is still out there; if it is I can see the birds trying to protect themselves from losing Sudfeld
Old 02-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #7
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
My guess would be second round however, I also won't be surprised to see first round tender. If you are not a top ten team in the draft and in dire need of QB is he better than what you can draft or what is available in the way of vet FAs. They used to have these poison pill offers that put teams in a position where the original team wouldn't be able to match. Not sure if that is still out there; if it is I can see the birds trying to protect themselves from losing Sudfeld
Whoa, Down Big Fella. I doubt anybody outside off Philly even knows who he is. Foles is still looking for a job. Cool the #1 talk. A good backup might be worth a 2 but if he is as good as everybody thinks he is I would think that the Birds would just try to sign him period and not screw around tendering him.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

they carried him on the roster for 2 years because they liked his skill level and didn't want to lose him. They will probably make sure they don't lose him now. Wouldn't surprise me if they give him a first round tender. Read somewhere the foreskins would like him back
Old 02-28-2019, 08:15 PM   #9
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

What did AJ Feeley get us. A 2 I think. Not saying Sudfeld is the next Montana but teams know him (fans may not) and obviously the birds are pretty high on him. Actually I don't think anyone would give a one but I don't know that. If there is a poison pill maybe the birds want to make it far too difficult for another team to offer that contract. The money is negligible.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #10
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
What did AJ Feeley get us. A 2 I think. Not saying Sudfeld is the next Montana but teams know him (fans may not) and obviously the birds are pretty high on him. Actually I don't think anyone would give a one but I don't know that. If there is a poison pill maybe the birds want to make it far too difficult for another team to offer that contract. The money is negligible.
Feels got us into the playofffs. Suds hasn,t even won us a game. Anyway I think theBirds will offer him a contract rather than a tender.